PDA

View Full Version : Come lets see the deer!

y2kane
12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
This is what my dad got today. I got mine with my van...I will try and post some of those pics when I get them from my mom who was up when we gutted the deer at midnight out at their place. I live in town so it was easier to do it there.

That would be my dad in the pic...:w00t:

harryredtrike
12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
nice doe.how warm is it there?when temps are below 40 deg.i like to hang mine for at least 30 days.no deer this year, i didnt go hunting.

bigred44
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
30 DAYS!! Why so long? Seems like a long time to me. I usually only let mine go 1 or 2 days. I used to work in a butcher shop growing up and there was this one guy that would skin his deer right when he shot it and then let it hang in his barn for about 2 months before he brought it in to be processed. It was like we had to skin it a second time because all the meat was all leathery. Seems like you are losing quite a bit of meat that way.

yamahaman89
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
nice doe.how warm is it there?when temps are below 40 deg.i like to hang mine for at least 30 days.no deer this year, i didnt go hunting.

I hope you meant 3 days cause 30 is just crazy! I didn't see a single deer at all this year its getting terrible up here in Wisconsin to hunt. There's just no deer around.

leviblue
12-04-2009, 04:41 AM
nice doe now go get one of those Ohio Booners. we got to many out here. Sat on the deck and took the 1st doe this year under the bird feeder and the others on the edge of the yard. Still looking for my Buck, he keeps comming out when it's to dark to take the shot. But we do have hunderds of kamakazi turkeys, just runn'em over.

brapp
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM
mine are skinned 1/4 and deboned within 2 hoursd of going downa nd then sit in the racks on the deer/nbeer fridge for a few days

harryredtrike
12-05-2009, 03:49 AM
absolutly,[ 30] thirty days,the longer it hangs the better the meat.after aging cut off crust and process.dont let bugs in with cheese cloth.if temps 50 or warmer you have to process faster.trust me.

y2kane
12-06-2009, 10:23 PM
It has been anywhere from 45 to 25 lately that day was around 30 or so. It is all processed now. It was around 70 pounds of meat. The one I hit with the van was around 35 pounds. So between us we shared around 105 pounds of stakes and ground venison. Had some fresh deer burgers 2 nights ago. Dang good too!!! I plan on hunting more next year with my dad. He has a great woods to hunt in. He took the doe and the owners son and daughter in law took bucks out of the woods. I just want a big deer. There are so many does around here there are about 3 car deer accidents a day in my neck of the woods. Sure hope that number starts to come down after hunting season is over. In my 22 years of driving this was my first deer I ever hit. Glad I didn't hit the big buck that was to the left of the doe. there would have been a lot more damage to the van had that happened.

harryredtrike
12-07-2009, 02:28 AM
hunting with dad it dont get better than that.

y2kane
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
No kidding. I love hanging out with my dad! I hope someday my kids think the same thing...lol

Russell 350X
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I got a decent doe last Sunday. 300yards with my .270.