PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Zuki Quadracers

PowerTrike
11-07-2002, 01:45 AM
Hey anybody own one, what do ya think of them? Are the good for woods? How do they compare to other quads? talk here (friend has one)
:D

freaksfix
11-07-2002, 04:27 AM
:shock: dont do it unreliable money pitts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

OldSchoolin86
11-07-2002, 09:58 AM
I had an 88 and loved it. I like the mx style machines so I was right at home in the woods or where ever with mine. She was a good jumper too, nice and level did want to drop anyway. 88 was the first year for power valve so if your looking for woods an 88 or newer would be best. I've heard a lot of problems with the 86 87 machines but I don't know personaly. Good luck.

Kilborg
11-07-2002, 11:13 PM
try to stay away from the 85 and 86 models. They were plagued with many problems. The 87 and up are definently better. I would personally get a Honda 250r, but the Suzuki is a good choice if its a later model.

ATC70
11-07-2002, 11:19 PM
I just think Suzuki sux :x

Wickedfinger
11-08-2002, 01:37 AM
'87 was the first year for the powervalve motor - I just sold my sweet '90 (there are pic's on the main site I think) and a beater '85 years ago as well. They are great woods machines because of the low to mid end biased power band and low stock gearing. I put a tooth higher c/s sprocket and a dyno-port pipe on mine to give it a better top end but it still was a great machine in the tight trails I ride. They handle like magic and are only slightly inferior to the TRX250R in that department. As far as reliability problems go all quadracers need to have the water pump rebuilt every 6 months to a year depending on how much you ride - they are junk, the rear shock wears out quickly and will always need a rebuild on any used LTR you look at, the LTR's were extremely light (325lb's dry !!!) but that lightness came at a price - the frames, especially the front tubes right behind the A-arm mounts, are very prone to bend in a crash and you need to examine them closely if you go to look at one.

Tri Moto
11-08-2002, 01:37 AM
I have a 92 LT250r and i love it. It goes well on whatever trails i take it and when i want to take it to the gravel pit and get some air its right at home there as well...
I would recommend one personally
The 500's are a nice machine too. A friend has one but the power is totally different, almost 4 strokey because it makes more tourqe (in my opinion) but the look and feel are pretty similar.

To sum it all up, I never regret buying it.

yamaha 250
11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
get a z400 they are the most funest thing ive rode!

OldSchoolin86
11-26-2002, 10:38 PM
If I could go to a dealer and get either one brand new I'd go with the LT.