PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Scam?

hublake
12-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I received an email that said it was from paypal and that my information they (PP) had on file was out of date and that I needed to update all my information including credit card info, etc. I call PP and they told me that it was not from them. Be on the lookout if you get something like this. The letter was addressed to Dear Paypal valued member. PP says they do not address emails to members this way.

seadoo650
12-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I get tons of these all the time. Just remember NEVER do anything through paypal that you recieve in an e-mail. Always go to the site.

oldtime3wheeler
12-11-2009, 09:33 AM
My wife has gotten that a few times. Funny thing is the paypal account is through me. Someones always trying to scam.

atctim
12-11-2009, 10:02 AM
no one - repeat NO ONE - will ever send an email asking to update a username and password. I can not believe with all the news reports and PSAs on the radio that people still fall for this stuff.:rolleyes:

Now - on a side note - I like wasting these scum bags time and efforts. wanna throw them for a loop and waste their time - give them false information. Enter made u[p information in their fields where they are requesting your info. They will then spend their time trying to log into accounts without the correct information. Just another vindictive tip from yours truly.