PDA

View Full Version : where did all the take off engines go when they had to cut up all the 3 wheelers.

jensenracing77
12-12-2009, 07:59 PM
i was wondering where all Honda sent the take off parts and engines when they had to cut them up in 87. i have had 3 of the engines and 2 sets of back tires and wheels. i also had a swing arm and 4 axles from these bikes. i was told that the swing arm and axles were not supposed to be let go but i had a source for them for many years and the last i knew the guy had ran out of the parts. i even got a take off back shock from him.

deathman53
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
the motors went to the honda and from there got sent to auto/motorcycle schools and VOC schools. How they ended up at parts dealers and such is a good question. The rest of the parts were left to do with whatever the dealer wanted to, the only thing is the front part of the frames(next with the VIN) had to go back to honda also. I was told from a mech(now shop owner) for the pro's that most of good parts went to Burguard Atv, they had huge stacks of complete rear ends, fenders, front ends, etc. The rear ends got sold to racers over the years, most of the rest of the parts got trashed over the years of sitting and were thrown out. I remember the guy telling me about all the 250r and 350x headlight assem. he seen thrown out and NOW he wishes he kept them and sold them now for the big bucks they sell for, as for the front/rear fenders and seats. As many know, the originals had embossed warning on the fenders/headlight shroud, they didn't have them past 88 and are very rare now. He also says that all the 350x's that were scrapped for the motors, most of them were like new. He wishes he kept those completely mint 350x/250r's, throw a NOS motor in them and get 6'gs for it.