PDA

View Full Version : pwc advice.. oops I dropped it..

Bryan Raffa
12-13-2009, 12:46 PM
long story short ,, was movin my jet ski,, and droped it on its corner :( any advice on fixin it? C clamp it , drill it and inject resin? so pissed right now:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thorpe
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
That looks like its gonna need to be gouged out and fixed with some resin and some fiberglass... I would probably haul it in to a boat repair (fiberglass repair) place if it was me...

Bryan Raffa
12-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I put a complete new transom in my boat.. I'm shure I can handle this thorp.. just looking for the most logical way to fix it so its durable for a another 5' drop:lol:

still ...:mad:

tanks350x
12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Not that I have any experience with the stuff and all but, I would try to resin the crap out of it. Looks like sort of a tight place to get at from the inside, but I could be wrong
Best of luck Bryan

3Razors
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Sweet 550SX Bryan, what year? Rear exhaust gotta be early 90's. I do the standup jetski thing in the summer here and have a few of them. That shouldn't be too hard to fix. The 550sx jet ski hulls are a composite resin, call around to different boat shops to get some quotes.

harryredtrike
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
wow that stinks.can you get to the area from the inside?

brapp
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
grind it out and use a piece fo glass matting and resin and then get it shaped corectly and then find a boatshop to gel coat the entire bopttom to blend it all together.

Derrick Adams
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
You'll definately want to have it re-gelcoated after you repair it. Looks to me like the best option is to cut most of it out and center it back up and glass it back on. Injecting resin into it won't do anything but weaken it. The glass that is shattered will no longer hold resin securely and injecting raw resin into the inside will just pool and create heat, then become brittle. It will crack right back out with the first wave.

Obviously grind all the gel coat back as far as the repair is going to be and make sure to taper it good. Also, look for weaved mat to install for strength.

Worked in the lamination department for a major boat manufacturer for 3 years.

Bryan Raffa
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Sweet 550SX Bryan, what year? Rear exhaust gotta be early 90's. I do the standup jetski thing in the summer here and have a few of them. That shouldn't be too hard to fix. The 550sx jet ski hulls are a composite resin, call around to different boat shops to get some quotes.

its a 90,,, the year before the hot pink lightin bolts:lol:

how mutch you think this will cost to have re-gelcoated Derrick? I definitely wanna have it fixed right!

brapp
12-13-2009, 06:17 PM
hey i was almost right lol does this mean i am not captian cobble anymore??

Bryan Raffa
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
hey i was almost right lol does this mean i am not captian cobble anymore??

they found your first QUAD!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=106283

Greiver430x
12-13-2009, 08:57 PM
they found your first QUAD!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=106283

LMAO :lol: :beer

brapp
12-13-2009, 11:42 PM
hey hey hey hush now lol my forst quad was a suzuki 125 lol