PDA

View Full Version : rear banchi shock on Tri-Z

rushead
11-07-2002, 05:24 AM
what mods if any do i need to do to make it work, does it require a kit or anything ? please help, im going to buy it tomarro so give me as much info as any one can. thanx

OldSchoolin86
11-07-2002, 10:02 AM
I did this so I know. You will have to relocate the fuel tank back about 3/4" to clear the shee shock. They are about the same lenght but you'll have to leave the bottom caps out to bolt it in. It's a nice upgrade I loved how it handled.

rushead
11-07-2002, 11:21 AM
how do i move the tank what needs to be done :?: :?:

TimSr
11-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Rather than monkey with the Banshee shock youll be farther ahead to use a warrior shock which only requires relocating the shock resevoir, in other words adding a hose clamp. The other option is running an aftermarket Banshee shock which has the resevoir attached by a hose instead of to the base of the shock.

OldSchoolin86
11-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Where the tank mounts in the rear there is a braket it sits on. The braket has 2 bolts per side. I moved my braket back so it was only held by 1 on each side. The rear two holes had nothing but it's plently for it and it moves the tank mounts back the right amount. In the front I had some trick rocket exhaust bracket that I used to move those back. Anything could work. The idea is that you would bolt the brakets in the original holes and the brakets would have new holes back about 3/4" for the tank to mount to. I had the stuff to make it look nice and not like a hack job and I didn't have the tank guard either. TimSr is right though you should find a warrior shock if it's possible. They are the same length and will give you a good ride too without moving the tank. I just got a good deal on the shee shock that's why I did it.

tri-z man
12-11-2002, 08:53 PM
what are the handling differenses and hows the holeshot