PDA

View Full Version : My surgery

Macs
12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
I have been getting alot of emails from members and i figutred it would be easier to do one post about it.

I went it on Friday and they knocked me out. Removed my left testical and went ahead and gave me a vasectomy. they sent out the testical and had a bio going before i even woke up. The bio came back cancerous but they are extremly confident it hadnt spread upwards. So the fear i had about it already getting to my lungs seem gone. They are also certain they have gotten it all. So the chemo looks to be out right now. I will have to go in every 2 weeks for the next year and if nothing shows up, every three months for the rest of my life. Overall the surgery was a great success. I dont have to give the kids bad news for there christmas.

I have had alot of questions about the pain....... It hurts... Bad!!! It is like getting kicked in the nuts from the back and it is on going. Pain meds want even dampen it.. But it is slowly getting better.

For all of those that i have been an ass to, i want to apologize. I have had alot go on the last few months.

Thanks to all that have offered to help.

dcreel
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Congratulations on the positive prognosis. I've been through a scare myself.

tanks350x
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, sorry that you had to go through that type of surgery, but I'm glad that the outcome looks positive.

Banage
12-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear that bad parts. Glad your healing

outtaline
12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Man I don't Know what to say I'll be o here late tonight stuck in dallas again so What up just found out I got one on the way

Mosh
12-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Barry.
A friend had that, and conquered it, so I think you have a good chance here.
I hope you have a quick full recovery!

And there is always deeper problems, than just internet BS..
It sometimes can be hard to see between the lines.

HondaHarry
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Glad to hear that everything is going well Barry.
Best wishes to you on your recovery. HH

hancadam
12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear everything sounds good. Sorry you had this happen.

Hope all is well, Merry Christmas.

MonroeMike
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I hope your pain goes away quickly.

Vealmonkey
12-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow man. Heavy Duty news there. The fact that you are in good spirits will probably be your best medicine. I'm glad I can't imagine your pain and hope I will never have to feel it. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Wishing you alot of negative tests for the rest of your life.

rdlsz24
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Glad things are looking up. How did you figure out something was wrong down there? Pain?

Rob

code200k
12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
glad to hear the test was negative..hope the pain goes away quick

86trizinger
12-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Glad everything i going good for you..

I had health class and we were discussing testicular cancer.. Its strange how it most commonly found in 20-39 year old males.. Its more common in younger people then you would think.,

Macs
12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Glad things are looking up. How did you figure out something was wrong down there? Pain?

Rob

I noticed one day that one testicle was quit a bit bigger than the other. Then after a while i could notice that it felt almost like two of them joined. This went on for about 10 months before i went to the doctor ( which was a bad decision on my part ). what is bad about TC is it spreads upwards and all of your major organs is the next stop. That had me highly concerned.

Dirtcrasher
12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear your OK Barry, you've always done right to everyone that I can see......

No quick escapes for you!! :)

Orangecnty250r
12-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Great to hear your OK ...glad the news has been very positive

y2kane
12-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Dude glad to hear things are going good. I have been cancer free for over 10 years now. I had 2 types of Testicular cancer one on each side. Sucks to loose both of them to that. The cure rate for this type is very high. Just do what your Dr tells you and stay healthy and go to all appointments. Also dude make sure you get a ct scan to make sure that it didn't spread. Good luck and I have been through it so if you nee to talk pm me and I can give you my email addy. Livestrong!

brapp
12-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Barry.
A friend had that, and conquered it, so I think you have a good chance here.
I hope you have a quick full recovery!

hey mosh i dont think it will ever be a full recovery but glad to hear you cought it in time. and hope you can continue your life as normaly as possible, i am not tryiugn to be a pecker in the butt but just try not to take me too seriously. but i hope for a quick recovery and i know the paidn of gettign kicked in the nuts from behuind and from the front and i evem smashed them hard enough to make them swelol up the golf ball size so yeah i can feel your pain man. get better and se eya around for a verry logbn time dude now go out and live your life!! and good luck.

Jared200x
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear the good news in your post, hang in there.....Jared200x

Texas 200x
12-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Good luck to you. Are you going to M.D. Anderson?