PDA

View Full Version : knee surgery

smokinwrench
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Just got home a couple hours ago from knee surgery. Started out to be a small surgery, remove a broken bersa, and clean up a tendon. Right before surgery the Dr said he wanted to scope the internal knee to make sure it was good also. He found the miniscus was torn so he repaired that also. Right now my knee feels better then it did yesterday even after being cut on this morning, so I think that must be a good sign.

I think having my knee fixed will put me back in the mood to ride all the time again. I didn't hardly ride last summer because I knew how bad my knee would hurt after the ride.:beer

86trizinger
12-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Its amazing how it feels right after surgery isn't it.
Keep it iced to keep the swelling down..

Look into Glucosamine, it really helps the joints out. Takes a few weeks to really notice the difference but I take it for my knee and it made a huge difference.

smokinwrench
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I have been taking glucosamine/ condroitin(sp?) for a few winters because that is when my knee use to hurt the most.

86trizinger
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Mine really hurts when its a full moon during winter. Good luck with the knee and don't over do it until it heal fully.

MudBug
12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
did you get arthroscopy? thats what I had. I wrecked mine on pedal bike and all the cartlidge and ligaments were shot. now a little bone or something the size of a marble pops out and I can roll it all around my knee. its pretty weird. but good luck with yours!

smokinwrench
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Cut beside knee cap to fix bursa and tendon. Athro on the meniscus.

Dammit!
12-17-2009, 07:01 PM
My right knee has been giving me crap for a little while now too. Not sure how I hurt it. It gets really stiff when I bend it too far. Just kneeling down to pick something up off the floor is pretty unpleasant when I stand back up again.

smokinwrench
12-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Just kneeling down to pick something up off the floor is pretty unpleasant when I stand back up again.

I couldn't kneel anymore and being a mechanic seems like your always working on 1 knee or need to kneel. My worse problem was stairs, felt like a knife was poking me every time I took a step and working in a power plant I climb lots of stairs and ladders.