PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the 150cc CVT Clutch Setup?

Erics350x
12-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Like the title says i have a Baja 150cc with a CVT clutch setup that has alot of trouble taking off. What can i do to make it accelerate better? Are there any good sites for the China made ATV's?

SYKO
12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I think there is a couple of companies on ebay that offer differnt springs and weights for those CVT's I wanted to mod my daughters eton 40 years ago but it dosnt use a cvt so ... no luck for me...

hancadam
12-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I am a member here. Maybe post there, I am sure someone will know.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums

harryredtrike
12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
try this site. gokartsusa http://gokartsusa.com/

86trizinger
12-19-2009, 10:52 PM
They are easy to upgrade.. I actually have some parts that should fit.
They have 6 roller weights.. a large torque spring and small clutch springs.. You have to make sure you go the right way because you make loose bottom end to sacrifice top end.

If you want the set I have they are all brand new. I can look online and see if they will fit. IT makes a huge difference in power and clutch engagement. PM me if you are interested.

86trizinger
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
ALrighty I looked online and the parts I have will not fit from what they are saying..

Here is how they work though.

The Variator rollers are used to adjust how it shifts through the gears. A heavier roller is for more low end longer. Lighter rollers are used for MX racing usually.

The large torque spring is kind of like a tensioner.. Applies pressure to the belt to prevet slipping.. adjusting the variator rollers takes some time and trial and error to get right.

The small springs will set your clutch engagement. They come in stall ratings 1k , 1.5k , 2k .. Basically a 1k will all like a torque converter making the clutch engage harder at a higher RPM.

I would change your small springs up to a 1k or a 1.5k over stock..YOu can go higher on this if you really want to

Then go to the first step for your torque spring. Also put new Variator rollers in it. They get flat spots easily.
Maybe even consider a new belt. They stretch pretty easily.

The rollers , small set of springs and large torque spring should cost about $50 usually.

They also sell upgraded clutches for them but it depends on how much you want to spend.

Erics350x
12-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info! It feels like it would go pretty good if high i a high stall.