PDA

View Full Version : Fact or opinion

groundfly
08-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I wanna hear what you guy's KNOW (fact), and also think about this.....I was talking to a guy today at work about trike's, and he said within 2 years most of the part's for trike's will be extinct, except those who part out trike's. But from like dealer's and shop'e..ect. I know alot of part's are already extremely hard to obtain. But how do you guy's feel and what do you guy's know about this. I think it suck's because I love trike's and when I finally do get one i wanna be able to biuld it without problem.

Jeb
08-13-2003, 10:07 PM
You gotta look at this way. The newest Japanese trike is a 1987 Model. That's 16 going on 17 years ago my friend. They quit making parts for them years ago. now they are just selling out the left over stock. The NOS parts will eventually all run dry. each year that goes by shows less and less availability and eventuall the factory will pull them from the availability list. I think with the internet we will see that parts are available for many years. There were a bunch of trikes sold in the early to mid 80s. Trikes will be continuously rebuilt and parted out in a viscious cycle. i'm sure there are types buying new parts from dealers as we speak so as soon as they are discontiued they can sell them for 5 times their new price on ebay. Trikes are still pretty popular. even if a new model came out tomorrow, my favorites would still be the 80's racers. The good thing about the racers is they share heavily with MX bikes and some parts can be used off even todays bikes.

The days of rebuilding one from the ground up with all new parts have been over for quite a while.