PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Suzuki DR125 Best Bike Ever

3forlife
08-13-2003, 08:59 PM
I bought one off a friend when I was about 14, man what a sweet bike. All my other friends had 2 strokes and they all rode at a local track. Ya, they would smoke me but I would jump that thing just as high as the others. Sure landing was a little rough but that thing could take it. It started first kick every time, no matter what the weather. As far as being a trail bike it was top notch. It was so quiet you could cruise along almost ideling and sneak right up on deer. I had it for years but finally the tank and the frame just wore out. I ended up selling it real cheap but right up to the end that engine would still start on the first kick. That bike is definatly where my love for 4 strokes began. Just thought I would share my thoughts as I can't think of one bad thing to say about that old thumper.

Jeb
08-14-2003, 02:46 PM
A buddy of mine had a DR250 from that time frame. Talk about a war-horse!

Definitely cool old 4 strokes!

3forlife
08-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Seriously! Once after a day of riding at the track (jumping etc.) it started running like crap. I looked down at the engine to find that one of the bolts holding the carb had come loose and fallen out and the carb was half on the engine. Then damn thing was still running! I also broke the rear shock and we welded it together with some 30 weight oil inside. After a while it all leaked out and I was riding a spring board. Eventually the rear wheel self destructed and pretty much broke off. Couldn't ride it but the engine still ran. Good memories....

Kilborg
08-17-2003, 09:01 AM
My good buddy andy had one for a summer. I remember out riding it around for a day with a huge hole in the crankcase from the chain punching through, we just poured some used oil into it and rode it for a couple hours at a time...never complained.