PDA

View Full Version : MP3 players and PC's

Mosh
12-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I have a old PC that I used to load and update my MP3's on.I ripped my Cd's and then sync them to my MP3.
I have 2 identical Sansa Clip brand MP3 players.
Is there any way to copy the playlist form the old MP3 to my new one without loading the current playlist to my new PC? I dont want to rip 400 songs to my new PC.

In other words, can I just do a temporary pass thru copy, using Windows Media 11,so I dont load my new PC with 400 songs on the hardrive? My old PC is FUBAR.....And I am trying to get it running again.
It wont even recognize the MP3 player in the USB port anymore...Any help, or should I just burn the damn thing?:p

Thanks

harryredtrike
12-26-2009, 07:27 PM
next time get a thumb drive[,usb drive]down load all your music files onto it and then load to the new player on the new pc.as for your current problem are all your music files still on the mp3 program,that you use to load the player?i assume its the same brand player.should be able to upload and then sync with new player.

hancadam
12-26-2009, 08:18 PM
If they are UBS you can just open both up just like a thumb drive in two separate windows and drag and drop. Don't go through media player.

Mosh
12-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks.
after 4 hours of downloading updates, yadda yadda, I was able to get my old PC back up and running.
Once I re installed Windows Media version 11, the MP3 players were recognized.

But I would like more info on this procedure you speak of Hancadam.
So I can just plug both MP3 players into 2 seperate USB ports on the same PC, and Drop and drag files between the 2?
Is there some program that needs opened to do this?

ATC-Eric
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
You shouldnt have a problem doing the 2 usb port thingie.

hancadam
12-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes, just open up my computer and select one of the players. Leave that one open and go to my computer again and open the next one. Size the windows so you can see both of them at the same time. Now drag and drop the songs as needed. You can also use Ctrl A to select all, then Ctrl C copies, then Ctrl V to paste.

Mosh
12-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Awesome.
Learn something new every day.Thanks guys.

Kintore
12-28-2009, 08:38 AM
If they are UBS you can just open both up just like a thumb drive in two separate windows and drag and drop. Don't go through media player.

Yep, this is the ticket Rob!

Done it 3 times now, all this way.

night4creeper
01-07-2010, 09:09 PM
the way hancadam speaks of will work, however... on some pc's you could have issues with both mp3 players trying to use the same drive letter.. to get by this you can usually plug them both in and then reboot.

hondatc250r
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Load your old mp3 up to the computor and open the music through the control panel and copy they to your music folder. then plug your new mp3 up...