PDA

View Full Version : Ice Raceing In Escanaba MI Open to Three Wheelers

cavemanbob21
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
The Great Lakes Ice Raceing Association welcomes trikes in studded and non studded classes and if three bikes show up there can be a trike class by itself otherwise trikes r welcome to race with the Quads. I am currently the only trike in escanaba. The classes are 0-250cc 0-400cc and open for non stud classes and the same for studded if there are three bikes to go studded. This Ice track used to be dominated by 350x's and 250R's but were driven off by 450s i would like to see trikes dominate the ice in Escanaba again if u r interested please post and i will answer all questions i can.
Escanaba Only 2 hrs north of Green Bay
Go to HTTP/:greatlakesiceraceing.com to see rules and regs thanks for looking

mopar_man
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't think a 250lb guy on an ATC110 would do very well. :lol: If I ever get that elusive 350x, I'd like to give that try though.

Escanabajosh
01-14-2010, 12:52 PM
i was thinking about trying it out next year (if i get the 350x back together by then!)

are you alowed to run the track on non-race days (in eskys case any day other then sunday)?

so it was cancled last week, now with the weather spose to be warming up i wonder if it's going to happen this weekend? it was 11" and they only needed 12" so i'm sure they got it by now.

cavemanbob21
01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
No they screwed us again this time theres not enough spectator ice outside the track weve been going down on sunday anyway to practice.. im glad to see im not the only guy rockin a 350X in esky

JohnR.
01-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Too bad they don't do anything that accepts 3 wheelers out here. I'd love to go at it in a sanctioned event on the trike. I had a lot of fun when I used to flat track my TRX250R on dirt.

John

cavemanbob21
01-17-2010, 02:18 AM
I'd like to see trikes back in the game up here but it seems like theres just too few of us left that are willing to race up here but at least theres one other person besides me willing to race. I would love to flat track i just picked up a 86 tecate but nowhere to race.

JohnR.
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
That's why I ended up buying my TRX250R. Nowhere to race a trike in a sanctioned event around here and since I've owned 250R 3 wheelers for for many years it only made sense to go with that quad. The problem is that with the power these new 450's make with just a pipe and jet kit or reflash you can't beat them.

John

cavemanbob21
01-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Thats why theres no trikes left but me in esky cause when the 450s came out the only classes there were were 0-250cc and 250- up so all those guys on 350X's didnt have a chance and ive rode a 450 to so i know they didnt but now they set up a 0 - 400 class and a 350x or 250R has just as good a chance in there as anything else cause its mostly 250x's and 400ex's

JohnR.
01-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree, a 250R with a "legal bore" stock cylinder that has a proper port job and all the other stuff (pipe, reeds, carb, lots of compression, etc....) will crush the 250X's, 400EX's, and even the more advanced Suzuki Z400. The Banshees should be able to run that class as well and those would lay a spanking on a 350X but a properly built R will give them a hard time. You can sneak a 270cc on the stock sleeve and a 300 or 310 kit on a stock sleeve would even things up against the bigger quads like the Banshees.

Our 330 kitted R's pull the straightaways as hard as or harder than the 450's that have bolt ons and pull pretty much the same as the 450's that have compression and a cam on top of the standard stuff. I'd imagine a 370'd 250R might be able to out power them as long as you can get the power to the ice.

John

cavemanbob21
01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Fortunately i have yet to see a banshee that raced non stud that didnt finish near last no matter what they were raceing against ;) there awesome studded machines. i would love to stud up my 86 tecate and race it but shes all taken apart in my garage cause 1 tiny discontiuned part broke takeing it apart :(

Escanabajosh
02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
i just came back from there today, first time this year. you must be the guy with (looked to be) 86 with white scoops? only 3 wheeler i seen there. i tried walking over there but my dog got scared when they took off...lol!
looked like fun,my girlfriend said she wants to try it so might be getting her a 400ex and it'll be somthing to do in the winter!

sbjones73
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
well. i have been racing with swira (southern wisconsin ice racers) for this season. non studded, and having fun.i am the only 3 wheeler out there. but i have been talking to them about running a studded class for us 3 wheelers next year. and they are all for it. so now i have to try and come up with atleast 3 other trikes that want to race studded.

they have mentioned me being in charge of the 3 wheeler class (not sure about that, me, incharge mmmm, scary) . so i am currently going to start promoting swira and racing 3 wheelers studded. if i get enough guys, we can decide if we want to race for money or just points. it would be up to us.

just wanted to pass this on. i will be getting more information coming is april. again. this is in southern wisconsin, very nice group of people. i was kind of surprised on how they have all treated me.

JohnR.
02-23-2010, 07:02 PM
I wish we could get something like that going around here. The insurance for anything with trikes is astronomical. When my buddy's motorcycle club wanted to do ice races it was $400 for bikes and quads through the AMA. If they wanted to do one outlaw that was insured by someone else it was going to be $1400!

Escanabajosh
03-12-2010, 03:15 PM
hey caveman, you drive a maroon 90's ford? i seen a truck in town with a 350x set up for ice racing the other day.