PDA

View Full Version : Racing Lawn Mower

krizo88
08-14-2003, 12:46 PM
I just picked up a old mtd riding lawn mower, and I am going to put a 340cc snowmobile engine in it. I had a dune buggy with a 440 in it but the motor was in the rear. With this lawn mower i am going to put it in the front because it's already chain driven. I cant remember how my dune buggy was set up?? So anybody that has ever done this or seen how it works give some ideas on how to mount the motor and a chain drive system. I will post some pics of the process. Thanks :Beerchug

krizo88
08-14-2003, 02:20 PM
To check out what I am talking about you can go to www.lawndragster.com

mrman550
08-14-2003, 02:56 PM
i disomething like that befor i put a 440 in a riding mower the brake was the throttel no brakes at all it went fast untill I flipped it i welded a big pully on the axel of the mower twisted

BLAZERONE22
08-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Heck I was at a garage sale here a week ago and a guy had a 85 250r liquid cooled motor in a sears tractor lawn mower. it was not finished but probally would have worked. he even rigged up the rear end out of the r on the mower. I had to be dragged out of there. he only wanted 200 bucks for it. I tried the whole, I can sell it on ebay for more than that, but she would'nt let me get it. It even had paddles on the rear. Crazy!