PDA

View Full Version : Ban Snowmobiles

hublake
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Just read on the internet of the 4th death already this snowmobile season in MI. Latest a 31 year old male. Police said speed and alcohol a factor. Couple of days ago a 15 year old died when he was riding on a frozen lake and struck a dock. I think those dangerous high speed sleds should be banned.

86trizinger
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't think they should be banned.. Last year 2 people got killed sleigh riding in my area. Are they gonna ban that ? What about how many people die on crotch rockets every year ? Some common sense or supervision plus a little safety precautions can be taken to help prevent some accidents though.

daniel_250r
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
no matter what you think of them, they do a great job at killing the idiots in society

racer....X
01-02-2010, 08:49 PM
they should just ban stupid people from rideing anything that their not smart enough to keep under control ......or just put them all on one ..it does do a good job of weeding them out!

harryredtrike
01-02-2010, 08:50 PM
no no no ban nothing.i hate that crap.have some responsibility for your own actions please.if you get drunk and go 150mph into a tree,to bad.as for the kid thats the parents fault for not being there with him.tuff words make you cry too bad.

code200k
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
no matter what you think of them, they do a great job at killing the idiots in society

take a look at my sig haha..but really people need to think and drink and ride

mopar_man
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
My sister-in-law and her boyfriend have a house that has a public ORV trail that crosses the driveway. The trail is marked to stop for the driveway and every other one along it (several as the trail is parallel with a highway). I've been there when all you hear is a millisecond sound of a screaming snowmobile and you see some wisps of snow. They have to be going at least 75 mph when they pass. I have to agree that there shouldn't be a ban and it weeds out the idiots but those idiots also kill innocent people with their stupidity.

harryredtrike
01-02-2010, 09:22 PM
true true how right you are

SPD FRK
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I think the OP was trying to make a comparison between banning trikes and anything else. All the same reasons would & could apply to every toy ever made in this category. Quads included.
Why no bans in other genres?

posty2100
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
you can't fix stupid

Maico
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Too bad the sled died too. It only did WHAT IT'S MORON DRIVER MADE IT DO.

Ban sleds. WRONG.

fabiodriven
01-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Ban sleds? C'mon buddy. You can't be serious coming in here with this stuff. How would you like it if they banned three wheelers just because somebody else didn't like them?

1984ATC200S
01-03-2010, 03:04 PM
no no no, its not the sleds its the drivers, i can kill my self on my 340 invader, or a 700SRX, its not the size of the engine, its the size of the riders brain.

hublake
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Ban sleds? C'mon buddy. You can't be serious coming in here with this stuff. How would you like it if they banned three wheelers just because somebody else didn't like them?

Didn't they ban the sales of three wheeler a number of years ago?

300rman
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
no no no ban nothing.i hate that crap.have some responsibility for your own actions please.if you get drunk and go 150mph into a tree,to bad.as for the kid thats the parents fault for not being there with him.tuff words make you cry too bad.

exactly. by the OP's thought process, he would support trikes being banned as well........

fabiodriven
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Didn't they ban the sales of three wheeler a number of years ago?

You didn't say "ban the sale of", you said "those high speed sleds should be banned".

leviblue
01-03-2010, 08:54 PM
In Mich. over the weekend a 76 yearold man ran into 2 sleds parked on the side of the road. WAY OFF THE ROAD and two were killed. So what do we do now BAN ALL SENIOR DRIVERS???? I mean hey they cause alot of acc. So lets ban them from driving as soon as they retire. Sounds stupid doesn't it but if it saves a life....I'm sure the old fart will blame the car and so now maybe we should ban CARS now....2 ton killing machines.. ban them too!!!! It's not like I'm wrong they do cause alot of deaths so ban'em. But I gotta wonder why do you have a DEATH MACHINE YOURSELF,,,,Yeh your 3wheeler,,, you should get rid of it. Seems a little STUPID now huh???? STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.......

oldskool83
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
i never road one but like anything else if i ride in an area i dont know i case it 1st, alot of farm feilds here and still got barb wire fencing, just be smart and you live...be stupid and well u die.

dickieg89
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
As my Dad says, alligators have alligators, meaning, the retards keep having retards and the retards keep mooching my paycheck.

MANDATORY STERILIZATION.

Forgive my brapp-like spelling, it's been a long day.

factoryX
01-04-2010, 01:38 AM
who the hell are you to say ban something for the greater good? its like a parent trying to correct another parent on how to teach there kids discipline.

Russell 350X
01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
It's not the snowmobiles fault, plain and simple. It's the same with anything else. If you don't respect it, it will hurt you.