PDA

View Full Version : Honda TLR200(pics!)

J.D.
08-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Heh, I have an 86, I just got finished taking off the silencer...the damn thing sounds like a Harley now! It's funny, see a little dirtbike with a big kid on it riding down the road, and it sounds like a Harley! Didn't add much "all-around" power, but it has a lot more low end, as if that's what it needs. I allready had plenty of that! mid-range and top end still feel the same, except it's noisy now, lol! Here's a pic too, enjoy.

TrikeKid
08-14-2003, 07:17 PM
schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeett 8) 8) how much them things go for they're trials right?

J.D.
08-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Well I got it for $300 bucks. Running condition and all...and yes, it's supposed to be for trials. I find it is terrible for climbing hills in it's current condition. Power of the engine is not an issue, this mother is pretty strong for a 200cc. The tires are flat(trials tires), and they refuse to bite the dirt!

TrikeKid
08-15-2003, 03:20 AM
i hate them things first bike i rode was my frends mx/enduro yamaha 100. i spent the night over at his house and he kept dogging me to ride it so the next morning we go ot on his lawn about 9 o'clock and it was all wet and slick and i didnt have a clue on how to ride a dirtbike other than the gas and the brake so i go zipping across the yard and go to turn but i was thinking it was a good idea to clutch through the turn then let it out and go well that worked out not so great i come into the turn and i get on the back brake, i push it to the stop and , nothing so i thought id pull some front brake bad idea i didnt know that the back had locked up and i did a nice slide for a while then i accidently dump the clutch and the next thing i know im wheelieing toword a fire pit that has logs about the size of me in diameter i was lucky the tire spun and i fell over thats why i wont ride his DT125 till he takes those god awful tires off and puts some real meats on.

J.D.
08-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Yeah they do real good if the dirt is loose, but if it's hard, the steering get's real funky, and if your climbing, all you'll do is spin wheels unless you have good momentum going up. I got that one for $300 bucks, and I got a 1975 same one for $300 bucks, both running and all.

BTW, how do you like my ugly old Ford in the BG? Hee hee

TrikeKid
08-15-2003, 01:34 PM
well it looks to be in better shape than the elky. got any pics of the 75'?

J.D.
08-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Nope not yet, haven't paid it off ;)