PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood Lake, NY - Any and Every Weekend

JohnR.
01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
The one end of the lake was safe this past weekend and the rest should be good to go this coming weekend (Jan 16-17). If anyone wants to come out and do some laps or even just cruise the lake feel free to drop me a PM for details. The cops are pretty lax about enforcing registration laws and in NY you do not need insurance to ride the lake. As long as the lake is safe I plan on being out there every weekend from here on out.

John

JohnR.
01-23-2010, 07:25 PM
We were out there today. The whole lake is safe. We'll be out there again tomorrow and if anyone is interested shoot me a PM with your number.

riverrat
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
So I checked the ice today, and it is safe!

JohnR.
01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, that looks totally safe. :rolleyes:

I'll probably hit up the NJ end of the lake this weekend.

John

riverrat
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
No seriously, it was safe, I was driving on it, I just couldn't get off it. There was an ice fisherman out there whos been coming here for 40 years, and said the ice was still 4 inches.
But don't worry, I ain't gonna do anything stupid. I was trying to get wet. I was driving across the ice bergs, LOL. It was only a foot or two deep.

ChrisD
01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll be putting my motor back together this weekend and will be up for next weekend. The cylinder is done and the piston and gaskets will be here tomorrow. I really want to race some of the golfcarts again.

riverrat
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Golfcarts, LOL

riverrat
01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
All that stuff my quad was in, was already froze over this morning. It's looking good, but I still have to go and drill some holes, especially where the stuff was open before, and see if it leveled out. It usually does.

JohnR.
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Cool. I'm planning on heading out around 1pm today. I have some stuff to do with the kids this morning and its too cold to go out there anyway. I'm going to leave the 4x4 here if you want to toss your R in the trailer with my stuff.

John

riverrat
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
So I went out on the new rim tonight for a little while. The ice is super strong, maybe better than last week. All the open spots next to my beach where the 4 wheeler was in those pictures have 6inches of ice. I met Gary out there, the guy with the white Suzuki quad, and we raced around a bit till I ran out of gas (only had a half tank). We exchanged numbers cause he would like to hang with us when we go out. I'll be out tomorrow after church. I will launch from here and meet you anywhere, or everyone is welcome to come here again, just after about 12-12:30.
My rear brake reservoir is shot, I need a new one. I can't open it, and it leaks, I lost the fluid in it, but I managed to get more fluid in and get the rear working again. Don't know how long it will last. Anyone have another one?
My bike still shakes at high speed, probably because of the twist in the frame. I think I am getting another one. I also have some ideas to straighten this one out before the season is over.
I also noticed something with the rear tires. We experiment with tire pressures, but what I noticed is if there is too much pressure, the tire bows, and not all the studs make contact on the flat ice. I reduced the pressure until the tire was flat across, and I am going to try it tomorrow. I went from 10lbs-6lbs to get it flat, without being concave. I put some slime in my rears, and had to tighten a bunch of studs, and actually lost my first stud in the rear.
The new tire looks BAD ASS!

JohnR.
01-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Cool. I do that same thing with tire pressure for the same reason. I'm probably way too high on it on my R right now but last week was only the first week out. I'll play with the pressures this week to see what she likes and have it all dialed in for Raffas. I'll be at The Castle around 11am. I'm shooting for 10am but I know I have to make a couple of pit stops in the morning unless I get off my arse right now and do what I have to do. I'm bringing pretty much everything I have down tomorrow except my GSXR. :) I even put the repaired exhaust back on the 350X and started it up. It started 2nd kick, it NEVER does that! It must be nervous that I'm thinking about letting it go.

John

riverrat
01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
If I had the money, I'd probably buy it from you.

riverrat
01-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, if you go to the breezy's web-site breezypointinn.com they have the youtube video I made of us last year on their web-site. We're famous! haha

riverrat
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Some video from last weekend from ChrisD helmet cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJt-6j4Icy4

riverrat
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
JohnR on his trike doing some laps.
PS give some time for the videos to be processed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xPVXXqbMQM

JohnR.
01-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Great job! I can't wait to see the DVD quality version. I was hanging it out pretty good around those turns but its hard to see it in the video.

riverrat
01-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Right click and select watch on youtube, then pick 480p from 360p in the lower right corner of the video, it will be slightly better.
The DVD version isn't much better unfortunately.

riverrat
01-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Some HD video fo that weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lehw3rQNT-U

riverrat
01-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Some HD video fo that weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lehw3rQNT-U

MonroeMike
01-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Real nice vids, camera works great.

ChrisD
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
good show Anthony! Love the videos. The HD vids are nice and crisp. I have been researching helmet cameras and the one I like is not waterproof. Do you think that will be an issue? Who the hell makes a helmet camera that isn't waterproof? Stupid. It's made by www.vholdr.com

My R is back together and should be all good to go. See you next weekend. Have fun out there today....we got 6 inches o snow so I dragged out the SX yesterday and took

JohnR.
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Awesome time today. I didn't ride near as much as I should have but I did do a bunch of drinking and I knew enough to stay off my R.

riverrat
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
And stay off the motorcycle track! haha
I had a good time too.

ChrisD
02-03-2010, 06:58 AM
What's the scoop about the weather there Saturday? They are saying 20"+ here. Did you get much snow last night?

JohnR.
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything about major snow on the sites I check. NOAA says 60% chance of snow after 9pm on Friday and 60% chance of it on Saturday but mainly before noon. Nothing more than that so far. Bring some dirt tires and we can tear up the woods in Sterling Forest. It'll be just like the old days, ripping up Sterling on the R's.

JohnR.
02-03-2010, 09:17 PM
We're planning on being out there this Saturday again and maybe Sunday as well. It depends on the status of the race that's taking place on Sunday.

If anyone wants to ride up here just let me know.

riverrat
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I plowed a test track tonight, looks ok. Forecast as of right now is 0-3" of snow for us.
I doubt the race will be held in the arm, so it will probably be on the main lake, and we can shoot over there and watch a bit or something.
I was thinking of starting a fire on the beach and cooking something, any ideas?

ChrisD
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds good. We can figure that out Saturday morning. It looks like we will be up to my house tomorrow night instead of Saturday morning so we can beat the storm up the turnpike. I'll call you tomorrow.

JohnR.
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
The races are canceled. They may do them another weekend if they can convince the town to let the village use the OLD beach next to Anthony's beach. That would be an ideal location IMHO. Give me a call and let me know when you expect to be up here Chris.

John

riverrat
02-05-2010, 12:27 AM
wHO'S GOT A 22-23MM CARB FOR MY ZINGER???? anyone?

riverrat
02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
It was freakin cold yesterday. All my clothes smell like bon-fire.
Got some more seat time in, rode until my arms were ready to fall off.
They'll be out there today, not sure if I will make it, too many chores behind.

JohnR.
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
We'll be out down at Castle Tavern. Chris and Tom are probably down there already, I'm just enjoying a cup of coffee after making myself a nice sausage, egg, and toast breakfast. I'm hoping to be at Castle by 11am. I really need to take some pictures today. I have a bunch of stuff to do but I'll get the stuff done during the week and will get the last things done on Friday since I have the day off. We need to get together so you can check how my trailer works with your truck.

John

riverrat
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
It was just one of those days I should have stayed home. In a matter of 5 minutes, I crashed, then blew my motor.....sheesh.
Good news is the cylinder looks perfect, and the head is good. Pieces of piston in the crank though, have to take the engine out, and dump the pieces. I should be able to hone it .010 and stick a new piston in there. I swear if I had the cash right now, I would next day air a 310 kit, which bolts right on. Bu my plans are to do a nice engine this year, and a whole new bike, one piece at a time, so no sense spending the money, I guess.

JohnR.
02-07-2010, 10:57 PM
If you just bolt a 310 on top of your old bottom end you're asking for trouble anyways. Let me know if I can help you at all.

riverrat
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Yea, I was thinking about that too. Even though my motor is on it's original bore, I really don't know how good the bearings are holding the crank. So if I can't do it right, I should not do it. The other side of the story is, if I spend over $200 trying to fix this thing, that's $200 I could put towards a $600 310 kit. I could run it for the few weeks we have left, and then do the bottom this summer. I think it could hold up a few weeks. Other wise, this is what I'll do:
I am going to try and get the head milled just a little, and maybe deck the cylinder a little, and order a piston kit. Really, the cylinder looks like it is perfect, maybe one little scratch that might possible be .005"
Mike said he could hone it out .010" for me, but .020" would be to much to hone by hand. So that presents a small problem. Wiseco does not make .010 pistons, so I am told, but pro X does, and Mike said that's a good piston. I am going to rely on what he said, and if I can get a .010" over pro X piston, then I'll just do that. If I have to go .020" then I have to find a place to bore it. There is also a crack that I tried fixing, that I think Mike can fix up. It's on the intake bolt.
Also, I got to get Bill's number, he said he's got a Paul Turner pipe I could try out. I would be curious the difference.
While I'm at it, I am going to try and fix that exhaust leak as well. Mike at backyard cycles mentioned using a high temp O-ring? I guess in place of that c-clip looking thing on the flange. Not sure. I don't know if I order the kit you got from ebay, will get here in time.
But then on the other hand, I get a 310 kit, then I don't have to do any of this, just worry about the bottom for a few weeks. I wish my plow would have sold, I could have used the money to buy it. :Bounce

riverrat
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
P.S. to anyone reading this. I probably blew the piston because I used Koltz oil when it was too cold out. Remember that. It even says on the bottle, do not use below 35F, lesson learned.
I use Klotz in my 50cc airplane engine exclusively for years, running menthanol. That thing turns 9000rpm and never had a problem, but now that I think about it, one winter I tried to fly it off the lake in the winter, and it kept stalling on me, it was probably leaning out due to the Klotz.
Even the smartest people make the stupidest mistakes....and costly too.

JohnR.
02-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Your plan totally makes sense to me. I have a chrome hi rev coming, if it gets here before the weekend I'll put it on and you can try my old one out. There is a guy on ebay that sells O-rings to go on the stock exhaust spout but I think you'd be better off waiting and getting the billet one with the double ring. I can direct you to the guy I got mine from, his price was good and his kit was complete. For now, just use the stock ring and put a bead of RTV red on the spout before you put the pipe on.

John

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2010, 08:35 PM
KLOTZ what KLOTZ were you running?

riverrat
02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Benzoil? I think.
The cats out, I got a 310 kit coming, so I guess you can take my name off the stock bore class race, lol.
Freakin ESR called while I couldn't hear the phone to tell me they couldn't ship until tomorrow. That means Thursday I'll be doin a funky thang gettin ready. I didn't want to cut it that close.
I am either getting a refund for 2day air, or he's gonna do next day air, if I can help it. I went out of my way to call him first thing in the morning Cali time too, so he'd have enough time.

ChrisD
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
That sucks. I hope you get your motor in time to get it together. I have been there many times. If I were there, I would help you get it together.

JohnR.
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
If you need a place out of the wind and snow to put it together you're welcome to use my shed. Unfortunately, that's probably about all I can offer besides giving you a hand with the assembly.

riverrat
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys! I can remember when video games weren't so captivating, and what we did for fun was to work on our cars together. Then cruise the boulevard. We used to pull engines, and put them back in for fun, in one night! There's something to be said about those days. My friends that I used to wrench with are all apart now, and I kind of miss that, working on stuff together. That's half the reason why I like hanging out with all you guys, it brings back those feelings, and it's just plain ole fun. Us guys love a good challenge.
I got the thing apart in less than an hour, I can't imagine it taking much longer to get it back together. I just need time to jet it, and break it in a bit. It's do or die now....
Hell my 200X is still in a hundred pieces, and I am expecting to bring it, LOL. I was planning on doing the rest of that motor today, but fortunately I got some jobs today, and I am kind of beat now. I'll probably do that tomorrow, if I don't get a bunch of jobs again. The old man gets tired after about 12 hours of intense labor. I used to work on my car until I fell asleep under it :crazy:

riverrat
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Just listened to a message on my phone, ESR is getting their computers back online and to make up for lost time send the package next day air. Lets see if the delivery comes in the storm, haha

JohnR.
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Well if you need a place to do what you need to do feel free to take over the shed, even if I'm not home. All the tools you could ever need are out there.

riverrat
02-09-2010, 11:39 PM
You rock John, thanks!! I'll let you know if I need anything. If my camaro wasn't taking all the space in my shop, I would just work there. I can barve the cold for a few minutes. It took me all of 10 minutes to remove the engine. Remember, I had this thing all apart and stripped the frame, so all my bolts are free, and easy to turn. Plus I kind of remember my way around it.

ChrisD
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Glad we raced last Sunday! I saw the forcast. The lake is going to be ruined. No more blasting down the ice now. Don't feel bad though........check this out...the brick structure in the picture is my mail box. It is about 4 feet high. The snowbanks are OVER MY HEAD!!!... and it's still snowing!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/Mailbox.jpg

riverrat
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
The water is already seeping up on the ice. I am predicting it to freeze up again, and we'll still be able to fly. The entire arm is a slush pit.

So this box came in the mail, in a snow storm filled with styrofoam peanuts, and a big bore kit. Work is cut out for me now.

JohnR.
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
WOW! That's a lot of snow Chris! Like Anthony said, the arms are a slush pit so if the rest of the lake is anything like that it will freeze up nicely again. Maybe one or two more weekends on Greenwood Lake. Back around 2004 we were out there well into March, I have video of some action out there that late.

riverrat
02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
I took the quad down to the lake, and plowed the road going down, man there is a lot of snow. The snow that is on the lake is half slush, so it's seeping up into the snow. In my 17 years of ice fishing here, I can't really remember the snow not doing that. The ice is never strong enough to hold the weight of the snow, and even when there was 36" of ice, whenever it snowed, the snow got wet, then froze in a day or two. They'll be drifts from the wind, but we should be able to find a spot to use, and possily still be able to jet across the lake, jumping the drifts. We'll see.

Well, the motor is together. Had some trouble with a dowel pin. That kit is really sweet, they give you all new nuts, and genuine honda parts. I just cleaned my motor and painted over the rough stuff, too much work to clean it right, not enough time. My left case needs some work anyway. With all this snow, I don't know if I can run it anywhere, LOL. I want to jet it. They say run it through 3 heat cycles, then jet it.

Have to see about my 200X, I need a piston, and then I still don't know if I could get it together. That thing is such a pain. I had to take it apart 3 times to get the kick starter right. Even with the manual, it was a bit confusing. I am half glad to get a new piston anyway, I didn't want to run that 12-1. I just will get a 10-1, so I can use pump gas. The 200x will be my trail bike. Love that thing in the woods.

riverrat
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
So, with the ice being so strong now, this last 8-9" of snow is just sitting on top of the lake, and the water has not yet seeped up. What's underneath is just junk. I plowed a track to night, and ran my R around it a bit, bit it was so bumpy that I could barely drive around it. The snow is too deep for just regular riding, and drifts too. I am hoping the track I plowed might get some water on it, and freeze up smooth, any suggestions?
Trying to squeak another weekend out of this awesome season, and if I can work on the track a little each day, maybe by the weekend it could be good enough to use.

JohnR.
02-17-2010, 09:07 PM
You're the man Anthony. I was beginning to think we might be done for. If you want to try to pump some water up onto the track that you plowed, I have a small pump that you're supposed to use to pump off your pool cover and a really long garden hose that you can use. Let me know what you think.

John

riverrat
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
I was going to try that, but I don't have a way of getting 110 to my pump. Does yours work on 12v?
I think I have a bilge pump in the basement, and I could duct tape, or hose clamp a hose to it. It might require a lot of water. Could use some help maybe doing it.
Track is long with sort of sharp turns at the ends, like a 3rd-4th gear track, kind of D shaped too, was pushing a lot of snow.

JohnR.
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I can sympathize with you having to push a lot of snow. There was times that I was out there doing it and its not fun. How far out is it from the beach? I have to watch the kids when I get home tomorrow night and it appears that both of them are coming down with something so I don't know if I can drag them out. Maybe a long extension cord from the beach shed to the pump, drill a hole with the auger to drop the pump in, and then a long garden hose the rest of the way? I have a long (100ft'ish) extension cord plus a bunch of smaller ones as well as a 100ft piece of garden hose. I also have a generator out in the shed. Its been about 7 years since I last used it but maybe it'll fire up for you and serve its purpose. I think if we have any hope of the ice being ready in time it would have to be pumped by tomorrow evening so it can freeze for a couple of days. Let me know.

John

ChrisD
02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
I say we go to Raffa's again. You will have more time in building the track than the time in driving west!!!

JohnR.
02-17-2010, 09:46 PM
HAHA!! Yeah, I can probably cram my R into the back of Jess' minivan so it won't cost so much in fuel.

ChrisD
02-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm up for it if we can convince Brian to skip the Ohio indoor race

JohnR.
02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
We can just sleep in our cars if we have to. I'm cautiously optimistic about the lake right here. Its supposed to get cold enough at night to freeze up a couple of inches that we'd pump on top and its not supposed to get that warm during the day to destroy it. In fact, its supposed to be in the teens Saturday night into Sunday.

aldochina
02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
i know its alot of work, but if you want to ride then you want to ride. You can take a garden hose cut it in 6 foot sections, drill a series of holes around your track and get some siphons going!! all you would need is a few buckets or logs to drape the hoses over!! or you could rent a gas pump from true value or something and be done with it!!

aldochina
02-18-2010, 01:08 AM
you guys are only 2 hrs south of me!! cool!! maybe i could make it down one of these weekends before the seasons out. What do you guys do for riding in the warmer months?

riverrat
02-18-2010, 06:26 AM
I don't think I would be making the trip to Raffa's again this weekend.
I have a few ideas, and I will be out later trying them out. I am pretty sure I can just run a bilge pump off my quad's 12V receptacle, if not I got a couple marine batteries here.
I'll probably fish a little while I am doing it.
I put the track pretty far away from shore, because we always get those cracks near shore that can ruin it..
We need a Zamboni, LOL

Bryan Raffa
02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm up for it if we can convince Brian to skip the Ohio indoor race

Indoor is next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanna come? brapp was thinkin about it also.. I can go plow some Virgin ICE!

brapp has a 2" gas trash pump... thats the ticket...

JohnR.
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I wish I could do it but I don't feel like making that trip this weekend again.

Bryan Raffa
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
dont worry I was out there today on the sled and its WET,,,Heavy WET SNOW.. I think we timed my place perfict! we need a nother week in the teens!

ChrisD
02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd say that too. The conditions were perfect! Even the night snow for the night ride.

JohnR.
02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, just enough snow on the night ride that even the unstudded machines could get enough grip to cruise around easily.

riverrat
02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I did 23K of plowing tonight. SEtup a bilge pump through a hole, but was way to slow, we need a big waste pump (gas powered). The track smoothed out a little today. I think we can use it, and I also noticed messing around we might be able to plow a track in another spot with not as many bumps, and all my plowing is for waste. IT's hard to see where it's good.
The hill going down to the beach is half plowed too.

ChrisD
02-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I have to work on Saturday, so my fingers are crossed for the next weekend, but the wife is already saying.....NO WAY....I'll work it out. That is what marriage counselling is for......I hear that another storm is coming monday so we'll see what that does too.

JohnR.
02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Let me know if you want to double team any of the work we need to do to get the ice cleared off for Sunday. I'll come down with the 4x4 on Saturday and give you a hand. Its supposed to get well into the 20's Saturday night, maybe that'll be enough to freeze up whatever area we plowed out. Sometimes we used to just do a bunch of laps on the lumpy track to try to beat it into submission.

riverrat
02-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, we got one track, and the ice that is there is that snow/ice, and I was thinking it might be able to be beat into submission. If not, we can try another spot, with both plows. I'll be out Saturday, and Sunday around 12.

JohnR.
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Alright. I'll talk to you Friday evening either on the phone or on here.

riverrat
02-19-2010, 04:47 PM
The lake is pretty wet right now. The snow on top has compressed down to about 2-3 inches, with slush spots around (not too deep). The track has puddles on it, so it is sort of leveling out on it's own. The edges of the lake are just starting to break up a bit. The ice is 12-14inches thick. Unless we see freezing temps tonight, the ice is going to be real soft. I never raced on ice like that, so I don't know if it's good or not to race. We can always just fool around. It's supposed to go down to 27 tonight, don't know if that's enough for a good freeze. The wind plays a factor also.

JohnR.
02-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I guess we'll have to see what its like tomorrow. Its no fun for me to go out on a slushy/wet track and get soaking wet on a cold day. If the kids want to putt around then I'd be up for coming down and having a few beers on the ice while the kids tore it up. Hopefully we can get something going one of the two days this weekend. Maybe a little woods ride on the "quiet" machines? Heck, I can make my X quiet if I need to.

JohnR.
02-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Yet another great day on the ice! Thanks to John (88TurboCoupe) for coming up with his sweet 85 R and Tiger. You made my buddy's day when he saw that Tiger sitting there. Hopefully you can come back tomorrow. We'll be out again I think.

John

JohnR.
02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot to thank Anthony (riverrat) for being such a gracious host and allowing us to ride from his place so many times this winter.

riverrat
02-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey, my pleasure. Hopefully I can get another lap in before the slush today. Didn't get that cold last night.

Our 60-70mph ride skipping across the slush was quite the thrill!

JohnR.
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I'm going to run to West Milford this morning for gas and then check the ice on the way home. I should be out there before 11am. I'll see you later.

John

JohnR.
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
By the way, I epoxied that small hole in my new pipe last night (just until I get it welded) so if you want to try my old one today it should be there.

John

riverrat
02-22-2010, 09:24 AM
You won't see footage like this probably any where else in the world....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39rPAVDRHzU

riverrat
02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Some riding pics from this past weekend, look and see what you missed, LOL

JohnR.
02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice pics Anthony. We had a good time Saturday. Sunday was fun too, maybe we'll get lucky and sneak another in before its over.

oldtime3wheeler
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Looks like a good time John. Wish I could have made it up there this year.

riverrat
02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
We might be out again this weekend, depends on the weather. I sure had a good time.
I went out on Monday for a few laps, was wet by the time I got out there. I also tried putting th PT pipe on, but it wasn't fitting right, and I didn't have the stuff to make it fit. Might be because of my frame, not sure, plus I needed a longer bolt (metric of course). I'll hopefully get to it before the weekend, dying to try it out.

JohnR.
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
I think that even if we did get out there it wouldn't be worth going out there. There's gonna be a bunch of snow and wherever we plow it off it'll probably be a slushy, sloppy mess. I took Emily and Dylan out for a little on their quad on Monday evening, it was definitely messy. I have plenty of metric hardware here.

riverrat
02-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Let's see, most likely it will be sloppy, depends how much snow we get. Their talking Nor-easter Thursday into Fri, so that may screw it up. However, I did plow out my track before I went in Sunday, and it is smooth under there at least, if I can find it after all this. The weather is supposed to go into the mid-20's at night, so maybe before 12 we can do some laps if it all works out. If I see we have any chance at all, I will be out there plowing in the evenings.
At the very worst, I will 4x4 it, drink some beer, and enjoy the slush!

JohnR.
02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
HAHA! I hear you. I may have to let this weekend slip by so I can get some stuff done so that I can make that ride upstate the following Saturday.

John

riverrat
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh, I didn't even realize it was that soon. I am up in the air about going, gonna try. Anyway, I will prbably just take a cruise on my 4x4 on Saturday or something, if it's not too deep. It was a good season.