PDA

View Full Version : 89 trx250r jeting / porting question

PAPA250r
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
i have a 89 250r stock bore lrd adjustable pipe . motor was ported by prior owner and i dont have too much info on the port work. i have lots of compression about 180#s

i have been trying to jet this thing in right for a long time and cant seem to get it right. i put a fresh set of reeds in it . i run 32:1 amsoil in the gas.

it fouls plugs and just dosent rev like it should it sounds rough on the low end and smokes . once i get past this "flat" spot it screams . it is also hard to start when cold ?

i have tryed playing with the clip to lean it out and went down a few sizes gradually nothing seems to help ?

can it be a crappy port job ? bad carb ? im stumped . im ready to throw the carb and jug in the garbich and start fresh..lol

i have ridden other quads that are jetted in and im so jealous..lol

any ideas ?

KASEY
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
porting has NOTHING to do with starting................................... what pilot jet are you running? what needle? what slide # ..? if it fouls plugs are they black? if so your rich,, will it start cold without the choke?

Jason Hall
02-10-2010, 09:10 PM
First thing to check, make sure the carb slide Is In with the cut out toward the rear of the carb (PJ Carb Stock In 89). Then start playing with the choke knob/Idle adjuster with the air screw set 1-1/2 turns out. If the slide Is In wrong, It will load up like crazy at Idle and through the mid rpm range. Find out what size pilot jet Is In It.

Yamahondaman
02-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Is the Carb stock ?