PDA

View Full Version : just got Back from wyoming

Manny55
08-16-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey y'all i just got back from Wyoming. I was camping out in Yellowstone park to bad i couldnt ride my 3 wheeler or 4

Manny

boneidaho
08-17-2003, 03:46 PM
I live close by. If ya had called me, I'd shown you the time of your life. Excellent riding near West Yellowstone.

Manny55
08-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Damn lol. Well i wasnt there for riding. Im goin to Boise Idaho this Wednesday and im bring my R and 400ex. Anywhere to ride in Boise, Idaho. My uncle who im staying with has 20 acres so all be riding there a lot but if there is any popular places to ride i will ride there.

Manny

ATCnut
08-17-2003, 05:42 PM
If you were in Yellowstone, you were only 50 miles from the big sand at St Anthony's Idaho. Check the map, its a few miles from Idaho, but a great place to ride.

boneidaho
08-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey man, it's St. Anthony, not St. Anthony's ! :-D I drive past there all the time. Just a few minutes from home. Boise, Idaho is almost 300 miles from St. Anthony, Idaho. I haven't been to Boise in year's. Don't know the area at all. Alot of GREAT places to ride here.

ATCnut
08-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Sorry, I have an extra s

boneidaho
08-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey that's cool ! :-D If you'd like to ride some place other than the dunes at St. Anthony, let me know. North east of St. Anthony about 20 miles is an old abandoned Union Pacific railroad. The track's are gone, but the railroad grade is still in place. It goes from Ashton Idaho to West Yellowstone, Montana (50 mile one way ride). :shock: EXCELLENT ride. There is an old tunnel in the mountain about 100 yard's long you drive through also. I'm doing it again next month. Other GREAT places to go too ! :-P

Howdy
08-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey that's cool ! :-D If you'd like to ride some place other than the dunes at St. Anthony, let me know. North east of St. Anthony about 20 miles is an old abandoned Union Pacific railroad. The track's are gone, but the railroad grade is still in place. It goes from Ashton Idaho to West Yellowstone, Montana (50 mile one way ride). :shock: EXCELLENT ride. There is an old tunnel in the mountain about 100 yard's long you drive through also. I'm doing it again next month. Other GREAT places to go too ! :-P

I will take you up on that trail some day. I love riding trails like that. ;)
Howdy

boneidaho
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Just let me know Howdy. With my 4 on, 4 off work schedule, I don't have much to do. :( I hardly can get my wife and girl's to do anything with me, so I need someone to drag me along. :? Seriously man, I've only ridden my trikes 2 times this summer and spring. No one will go with me. It's to massive of territory to go alone. If you break down anywhere, you could be alone for hour's. Search and rescue would be looking for you. Then your face would be on the new's. :oops: I could take you places close to my place every day for nearly a week, and hardly cross the same trail twice ! :shock:

ATCnut
08-18-2003, 09:38 PM
I have spent a week at St Anthony the last three years in May. I expect to go again next year. Can you ride across the desert from the dunes to the rail grade? That would be so cool. I will contact you when I will be there next.

boneidaho
08-19-2003, 12:18 AM
No you can't ride from the dunes to the railroad grade.. No big deal though. :-P Besides, you couldn't carry enough gas to make the round trip. :shock: Gas station's are near by though. :-D Gas is $1.80 per gallon her for 85 octane. That really bites :evil: I use 91 octane in my trikes. As soon as I can, I'll post some railroad pic's.