PDA

View Full Version : i think 3wheelerworld should make a mag

Manny55
08-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey i was thinking yesterday that we should make a magazine (make like a monthly issue) that would be awesome i would defintley sign up to recieve this mag.

Is there any writers on this site lol.

Manny55

Kilborg
08-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Sure there are writers (hi!)...but do you know what kind of job it would be making a full e-zine or something every month even with 10 or so people? It would mean that money would need to be involved. Are you willing to pay? Do you have friends willing to pay?

pay up foo.

ATC crazy
08-16-2003, 10:09 PM
....Mabey a once a year mag. possibly. But that would still need some pretty good size donations. I would buy one....even if it is $30

Russell 350X
08-17-2003, 11:23 AM
I would buy one, or a subscription, which ever happens first :)

groundfly
08-17-2003, 03:48 PM
I would contribute to the magazine cause..I would love to see a trike mag. back on the market. And with that note, I would also love to see trike's back on the market....are they back yet? :? what about now?

Manny55
08-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Maybe we can get 3wheeler.org and midwest trikers to to help us out with a Mag. I would glady donate some dollas for a Trike Mag.

AirManCam
08-17-2003, 04:37 PM
I think it would be a good idea. But there is a lot of work behind it! How could we all help when we are so far away? Make some pages on the net?

groundfly
08-17-2003, 09:16 PM
I think the biggest hurdle would be the money. I mean i have no idea what goes into making a mag. but I know money talk's. Like i said, I would give all I could to help. That include's pic's, creditable articale's, new's and info. on the trike product's that are quickly fading, Good and bad riding spot's, and cashola,. ect...people post your idea's.
:evil: AND WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING NO!!!!!!

hondaATCman
08-17-2003, 10:33 PM
I also think it would be a great idea BUT it wouldn't be like the mags you're thinking about like ATV Action and Dirt Wheels, etc. It would have to be like a bunch of computer pages stapled together or something of that nature. Also, since there are virtually no 3-wheeler events now, all we would have to cover is those organized by us (3WW), Trike Heaven, the .org crew, and the Midwest Trikers. But still those articles would be great to read!! We could also have like a "How-To" section, "Hot-Mods", etc. Product reviews, readers rides, and so on and so on. But like everyone has said, there will be alot of $$$ involved. Maybe cut one of the forums like Bikersville or something and have a forum just for the mag, where information from users could be received and saved and later edited into the mag. And, like all the other forums, have moderators to help categorize all info and send them to the person(s) who agree to print them. Just my thoughts....

ATC crazy
08-17-2003, 10:39 PM
I also think it would be a great idea BUT it wouldn't be like the mags you're thinking about like ATV Action and Dirt Wheels, etc. It would have to be like a bunch of computer pages stapled together or something of that nature. Also, since there are virtually no 3-wheeler events now, all we would have to cover is those organized by us (3WW), Trike Heaven, the .org crew, and the Midwest Trikers. But still those articles would be great to read!! We could also have like a "How-To" section, "Hot-Mods", etc. Product reviews, readers rides, and so on and so on. But like everyone has said, there will be alot of $$$ involved. Maybe cut one of the forums like Bikersville or something and have a forum just for the mag, where information from users could be received and saved and later edited into the mag. And, like all the other forums, have moderators to help categorize all info and send them to the person(s) who agree to print them. Just my thoughts....

:shock: I agree 100% WOW...That is VERY possible

hondaATCman
08-17-2003, 10:51 PM
AND WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING NO!!!!!!

groundfly, I was thinking the same thing!!! :evil: :evil:

Manny55
08-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Yea i think we should get rid of bikersville and add a Magazine forum.

AirManCam
08-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Yea i think we should get rid of bikersville and add a Magazine forum.
No I think if we get rid of bikersville we should ad a snowmobilersville lol.

Manny55
08-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Barely anybody has a snowmobile on this site so that would be a waste of room.

Manny

Manny55
08-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Why the heck are ppl voting no i thought you guyz were in love with trikes come on people.

Manny

TimSr
08-18-2003, 02:13 PM
The "no's" are easy to explain, and its got nothing to do with whether or not you like trikes. You started this post basically with "I think everyone should vote that someone from this site should create a magazine, and Ill be happy to subscribe to it", instead of "I am creating a magazine dedicated to 3 wheelers, and am looking for help and ideas".

If you wish to pursure such a venture, Im sure the site will promote it, and people will be happy to help you, but taking a vote that someone else ought to do it, will not likely be well received by those who have been voted to do the work. Especially when you are talking of something with a total circulation of 20-30 people, which is not likely to produce much financial incentive for the site or the individual who decides to take on such a project.

Manny55
08-18-2003, 02:18 PM
I didnt say I was gonna start the magazine i said it would be cool if we did and wondering if anybody who give donations and ideas and help if someone decided to do such a thing.

Manny