PDA

View Full Version : LT500R update progress pics....opinions?

DixiePlowboy
01-18-2010, 05:44 PM
What do ya'll think so far?

Changed to black plastics, polished some aluminum, and polished/painted front shocks/springs.

Plans are for a black seat cover, chrome powdercoated A-Arms and powdercoating the frame another color. What color for the frame(seeking ideas)?

MonroeMike
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Looks really sharp.

jeswinehart
01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks like it is going to be one heck of a handfull of machine ~ yikes !
Fine looking too.

john

DixiePlowboy
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks Mike.....I'm trying, but it's a "one little bit at a time" process.

John, I hope you're right. If my thinking adds up, it should be fairly strong. I just hope to not get beat by Jacob's 250R this summer....lol. Last summer, I had him to the top of my 5th gear on my '85 Tecate, then.....he hit 6th and pulled away.

Of course, when I showed him the gearing/speed calculator and he saw the difference it projected between his and mine, he started talking about a 330 kit for his....lol.

He reminds me so much of.....ME:)

SYKO
01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
back in the early 90's I had a 500... something about those beasts I love, but I cant help to think that they always look better in blue and yellow over any other combo, just my op but I think the original look on those is sic! but yours looks good as well, nice job.

3wheeledjunkie
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Believe or not my first ever ride on an ATV was on a Quadzilla. Yellow and Blue. My cousin had just got it brand new for his birthday (how cool). I rode it once around his house in 1st gear, just puttering , nothing special. But my Dad's friend at work ws there one time and said "Let me show ya something." He proceeded to rip up dow the dirtroad my cousin lived on at (what I thought at the time was) 100mph. More like 30 or 40. Wicked quad none the less. Good look in black, always wanted to do one in blue metalflake.

code200k
01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
sick quad..as for color its a 500 2 stroke it can be hot fricking pink and still be nice...i wanna see some videos