PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Humane society and got something new

86trizinger
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
We have been thinking about getting a playmate for our Amstaff.. Instead of a our breeder that we got our first dog from , I decided to go to the Humane Society to look.

GOT SOMETHING ONE OF A KIND.. Trying to get the pic up right now

86trizinger
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
About 7 stitches worth. Sorry I didn't realize the size of the pic.. May not look deep but its almost through the other side.. Still numb to the touch on the outside.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87865

Vealmonkey
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM
So you went to look at the dogs and got attacked by a dog? What did the people at the Humane Society do? Why did you get attacked? I'm getting you body armour and a helmet! LOL

Bryan Raffa
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
lmao Really... did you bring it home? lol

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
I was petting and playing with the dog for about 10 minutes. The lady was saying how far the dog has come with its nipping problem. Next thing I know dog hops up and grabs ahold of my lip. I didn't feel anything really just a ton of blood and I thought I felt a puncture mark. Blood was so bad I had to rush out for the ER.. When I got in the car I looked in the mirror and saw as soon as I try to speak it opened up 1/4" deep and blood squirted out in the car. Still numb on the outside of the lip so thats a little concerning but things happen.

They haven't done nothing yet they were closing but they saw me get bit.. Have to call them in the morning.

I was thinking a bubble may work for me... but then I can't ride my trikes so thats out now.

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I was considering bringing it home right before it decided my lip was dinner.. I didn't want my son to be breakfast though.

Rm250RF900R
01-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Wow. what kind of dog was it?

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
As with 95% of dogs at the kennels around here, pit bull but not a mix breed. But to be honest it wasn't being mean.. Up until then it was sweet as can be.. I kind of blame that on the people who teach them to jump up for their toys and play tug of war. But for the people not to tell me the dogs tries to bite when it plays before I was seeing the dog makes them at fault since they new of some issues.

I am just glad I moved as much as I did.. or else it would have been my nose and eye. If it was my son it would have been extremely bad.

Vealmonkey
01-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Man, I'm glad it wasn't your son, but I'm sorry it was you. It does give you a new screen name though....Puppy-chow! LOL

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 12:39 AM
That one isn't taken is it.. HMM.. I don't have a zinger anymore so that's very tempting..

MonroeMike
01-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Ouch, looks painful.

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 01:16 AM
It's still numb LOL.. Only thing I felt since it happened is the needles for numbing it.. Thats got me a little worried though.

Rm250RF900R
01-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Whats going to happen to the dog now? Are they going to yothinize (sp) (i really seriously doubt it)? Was it just playful or did it have that look in the eyes? My uncle got a pitbull that he rescued somewhere in newhampshire i think it was. Really sweet dog, just a pain in the arse .As most dogs are anyways haha. BTW, this has nothing to do with the subject but how do you post normally. Ive been using the quick replay?

86trizinger
01-23-2010, 09:36 AM
They are a no kill shelter.. The dog wasn't being mean just not trained.. Its a 40 lb dog that thinks its a puppy so things happen.

They are supposed to cover the Hospital bill so we will see.

ditchmud
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
It sounds to me that maybe a higher source is letting you know that another dog will only cause you more pain and sufffering:lol: We got a puppy back in the fall from ATCsam and that little turkey loves chewing and nipping at you. One time he took a nip at me and got one of my nipples with those little needle sharp puppy teeth! It hurt but nothing like your mouth probably does. Oh yea Thanks for the puppy Sam:rolleyes:

SeaBass8
01-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Dude that dog wasnt just playing around. It has serious issues.

Hope you heal up there.

jeffatc250r
01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Ouch! Id a smacked that thing across the room and followed up with a good football punt!

I dont think rough playin causes the dog to bite. Ive got a pit and he loves to wrestle around, but would never ever intentionally nip me. On occasion, hell nick a finger if im playing tug with him and he goes for a better grip, but all I gotta say is ouch and he will stop. What happened to you is just the result of an A-hole dog. Just like humans, some are touch holes, unfortunately its harder to put down humans. Thank god for you and your family, (especially your son) that it happened there and not in your house.

Dirtcrasher
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
^ Yes MANY humans should merely be put down :lol:

Glad you'll be AOK, I hope it doesn't scar up too bad, you may be ugly as hell even without the slice in your lip :D shens

86trizinger
01-24-2010, 06:45 PM
A scar will distract from the rest of the face.. :lol: so that could be a good thing.. But it looks like it closed up quite well.. Should be only a very small scar at the most.

harryredtrike
01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
sorry about the bite,you gonna get it anyway?

86trizinger
01-24-2010, 07:33 PM
umm.. NO.. I have a very small year old that is more important then a dog.

The dog isn't being put to sleep though, I wanted to make sure of that.. It is going home with someone that works there once it stays isolated for 10 days.

super90
01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow that sure does suck, I know what it feels like. I bit a hole through my lip, and my tongue in half, you really dont feel it until a couple days after. The needles hurt the worst IMO. But 2 days after biting your tongue in half is the worst pain I ever felt especially trying to eat thats for sure.

daniel_250r
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
i would steer clear of dogs that bite you within the first 10 minutes. our family tried to adopt a jack russel cross, it seemed like a nice dog a the shelter, but it was in a nervous playful state. after about a week at the house it was growling and at about a month it was biting. had to take it back where it was put down. it was definitly abused

86trizinger
01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
We actually got ahold of our normal dog breeder.. She reserved one of her puppies due in March.. So in May we will travel to South Carolina to pick her up.

I'm done with trying to find one at a shelter now.

jeffatc250r
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
What kinda pup you got on reserve?

86trizinger
01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Another American Staffordshire Terrier.. Van Gunn Amstaffs in South Carolina Here is a link to her site.

http://community-2.webtv.net/BLUECREW/VANGUNNSpuppiesdogs/page2.html

I think the mother and father of the litter is posted.. Very proven health records for her line, plus show quality.. we only want a pet for a companion for our other dog since he is turning 8 this year. Its kind of funny we are picking the pup up right around his birthday.. so Its kind of like a birthday present to him.

TrailerRider
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
One time he took a nip at me and got one of my nipples with those little needle sharp puppy teeth! It hurt but nothing like your mouth probably does.

I am sorry but that comment was just to funny for me.. :lol::lol::lol:

TrailerRider
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
oh and I am a huge bull fan and have a bull and grew up with them, but if it nipped you during the checkout phase, it needs to be put down. What if it would have not done anything during the checkout phase and went home and used your chld as a chew toy. Not all bulls are good dogs for sure...

Ours came from a shelter and I knew he would be good with kids as the first night he layed down and my youngest son at the time was 3 or 4 layed down next to him ( i took notice and started watching very closely to monitor situation) and started touching his eye ball. Yes his eye ball. Zen (his name) layed there and took it unitll my son got bored. He tried one time to establish himself as master or pack leader so I got in his face and he has been cool with it ever since. Although one time he kinda nipped me when I was trying to clean his rear foot off from mudd. This was around the same time he was trying to be top dog. It didn't hurt but I had to show him I was boss man so gave him a quick punch to the head and we have been pals ever since. He meets me at the door and greet me when I come home for lunch. Hell we don't even use a leesh for him. When we go fishing hiking he runs ahead a little and stops and turns around and looks for us or comes running back if he don't see us. So gental with kids to the point when we play with his sock and the kids pick it up he will not even try to play with them with it. Best dog ever!! To bad this is not a dog thread or I would post picsof him.

To OP, post pics of your current pal. :D

86trizinger
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I have to find the pics of him.. OR take new some new ones.