PDA

View Full Version : Good forum for Ford Diesels?

smvorndran
01-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I just bought a 1994 Ford F-350 Crew 4x4 7.3L Turbo Diesel. It is not a Powerstroke. Does anyone know a site as helpful as this place for Ford diesels? This is my first diesel 4x4 truck, so the drivetrain is all new to me. I'd like to try a waste oil conversion on it in the next year so I can drive it cheaply. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
smvorndran

thehickfarmer
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
I Dont know if the IDI Ford is a good candidate to run waste oil on it. ford-trucks.com have a good diesel section for the IDI's

However If you had a powerstroke, your best local forums would be any ford dealership as thats the only place your ford diesel seems to be able to take you.

I've had a few of those pre-powerstrokes, aswell as powerstrokes. I find that the IDI although lazy, it will never let you down, just make sure you got good batteries, and glow plugs.

plastikosmd
01-23-2010, 11:03 PM
www.fordtrucks.com is very good.

seadoo650
01-23-2010, 11:08 PM
This is the site I use for my Mac truck, All kinds of info and very helpful.
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/

big yeller
01-24-2010, 03:23 AM
powerstroke.org its my favorite site and it has quite a bit of idi stuff. i know some people that has done the wvo and it turned out good...the thing about them trucks you can burn about any thing that can be compressed motor oil, vegie oil, bio crap, propane/diesel it will run on it. i have a 2001 7.3 and a 2009 6.4 you will be very happy with you purchase. you have a good engine a tough e40d tranny if auto or a zf5 if its a manual. think the transfer case is a bw which is pretty tough.