PDA

View Full Version : Youtube editing functions.Good or not? And other questions.

Mosh
01-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I will never pretend to be PC savy. I am actually quite uninformed when it comes to computer stuff.

Having said that, am I better off to edit vids with windows editing software, or is the Youtube software ok? I have used windows to add text and crop vids down so I was able to use it ok. How does Youtube editing compare?
And also, can I insert music after the core vid is uploaded and what is the easiest way to do this? And what constitues youtube flagging a post for using copyrighted music?

And also, when you watch a youtube ATV vid, do your prefer music over dubbed or just the raw sound of the actual vid?

86trizinger
01-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I have never found you tube editing any good at all. I use a MAC so I use Imovie for basic editing or Adobe After Effects for more precise and complicated process.

As far as sounds goes.. I think a combination of dubbed over in parts can be good.. but music has to add to the clip for it to work. You have to get the right clips for the rights music. With just the normal sound I would judge that on what you are trying to accomplish.. Sometimes sound quality can be very bad on videos and may deter people from watching the clip so it really has to be a case to case basis.

Dammit!
01-30-2010, 11:03 PM
youtube audio swap completely replaces your audio. There is no mixing function.

Windows Movie Maker works just fine for most situations and is pretty simple to use.

As for vid sound versus music, if mine are any indication, the music vids get way, WAY more hits than the ones with the original vids audio. Some people like hearing the engines and everything (which is cool when the audio of the engines doesn't suck) but it seems the vast majority of people either prefer music or just don't care one way or the other.

Having said all that, what is it you're trying to accomplish? You can always pm or call me if you run into issues with movie maker.

Mosh
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks.
I am just wanting opinions on uploading vids on what works best, and easiest.
Like with any races I post, I will leave the natural sound.
But any general riding vids, I was thinking in the future of adding music.

I guess the last question would be, how do you know if they will pull the vid for the music you use.
I would hate to go thru all that work then them yank the vid.

atctim
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Rob - I too use Windows Movie Maker. As Doug said - it is very easy to use - you won't have any trouble.

When youtube pulls your copy written music from you the video will be left soundless - or you can choose from their lame aresed library of free music. I am not sure how some people get around youtube yanking the music from them......

this might help a bit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE

Dammit!
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
I make a test vid. I pick a song, make a vid that's just a black image (just a small black jpg) and then upload it to see if youtube allows it or not. That vid size is very small that way so the upload is real quick. If the song goes through, then I use it in a vid.