PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie James Dio Fans

Frankencelery
02-04-2010, 12:12 AM
After reading several posts from you 80's rock fans, I thought I'd give a shout out for my all-time favorite, Dio. Dio MADE Rainbow, not to take credit from Richie Blackmore. Dio put Black Sabbath back on the map after everyone said they couldn't do without Ozzy. Then he went on to do a successful career for another 25 years or so! This guy is awsome. I've seen Dio more times over the years than any other band. So I was really bummed to hear that he's going through chemotherapy right now, fighting stomach cancer. Send him your prayers, or well wishes, or whatever it is you do....

You can see the current news on his website at www.ronniejamesdio.com

Trimotomike
02-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Dio is awesome and I agreee 110% he was a fit replacement for Ozzy had a very sinister sound to him that complimented Sabbath . I dont know much of Rainbow infact the only song I know of off hand is "since you been gone " which was after Dio left .

leviblue
02-04-2010, 04:39 AM
From what I understand he's making plans for a spring tour. I saw him the 1st time in 85 on the Sacred Heart tour in Philly. Accept opened up for him...does anyone remember Balls to the Wall??? He was making the consert video and when I learned he was gonna shoot it I spent a week making a banner, bedsheet, which is seen in the video many times with my skinny ass headbanging above it!! We're off to the witch...we may never never never come home..but the feeling that we have will last a lifetime.... DIO ROCKS...if I can beat it so can he.....Oh Rainbow in the Dark is my fav Rainbow song but you can't beat HOLY DIVER

Frankencelery
02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Mike, you've heard Man on the Silver Mountain, right? That's classic Rainbow. Also, Long Live Rock & Roll. Check out Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. That's their first album. Awesome stuff, but I have to agree with Leviblue..Holy Diver is Dio's best. I saw him when he played with Accept, and with Twisted Sister in '84 too.

I hope he recovers, of course, but how much more music can we expect from him? I was stunned when I looked up his bio and realized his 67 years old. That makes ME feel old.

leviblue
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
I remember seeing TS in 84 in Des Moines, also Ratt and WASP. NOW I FEEL OLD TOO. I'm an Iowa boy too,born and raised in Ft Dodge. I will say the band that did the Holy Diver remake did Ronnie good and he gave them his blessing. I liked it and a BROTHER was singing it...amazing.

Dammit!
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I used to have a roomate that was a writer for a couple of metal magazines. I remember coming home one time and hitting play on the answering machine and hearing Ronnie James Dio leaving a message. I rewound it like five times. :lol:

ditchmud
02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Dio Rocks!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite bands. Unfortunitely I never replaced my worn out cassette tapes with CDs. Maybe I should. I never saw them in concert but I can remember carrying my ghetto blaster playing Dio cranked up all over the neighborhood draining 8 D size batteries down faster than the speed of sound. That was back when Jean jackets were cool and music came out on albums! LOL