PDA

View Full Version : Huge Storm???

bittner5454
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
located in south jersey and everyone is going nuts saying we are getting huge storm...schools were closing early today and its not even snowing out???? huh???? well hopefully we get some snow to ride and play in

mopar_man
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM
It's not looking good: http://www.accuweather.com/radar-state.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=1&zipChg=1&site=PA_&type=SIR&anim=1&level=state&large=0

bittner5454
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
LOL geez man get ready!!! just went and filled my can with gas

Custom200
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Lol, were in the middle of a big blizzard right now actually. I remeber when i was in elemantry school if there was sort of warning for snow, regardless of what was falling they would shut school down

tremulant3fr
02-05-2010, 06:07 PM
i think everyone has been hit by some odd weather this year, we had a tornado warning here in Socal... :wondering

99gsxr750
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Hopefully, I'll get to have some fun. Although, it doesn't look as if I'll be getting as much as you.

Brockey
02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Just out crusing around in the Blazer blasting thru snow drifts 4 foot high across the main roads, side roads are just full. I hate snow but this is always fun.

leviblue
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
So Bit what time do you want me out at your place???? I'll ride from here!!! With all we're getting I won't be able to get on my track...well at least up the hills. Have fun and take some pics and we'll get you over here next week.

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
WOW!! It sure sounds like some of you guys are gonna get WHOMPED!! I read "possibly 4' total snowfall in some areas" - THATS gonna cause a panice, because 2 whole days before everything is fairly clear will terrify the public. I can't believe people aren't use to snow by now and still PANIC!

Wish it had fallen and packed down before Pennsatuckafukayuckaway..... DEEPA bought me a set of 4snows I sure wanted to use. Cold isn't so bad when there's snow to go along with it. I still can't believe Brapp had zero snow!! Crazy weather!!

I hope we get some snow here soon (not 2 feet but something would be fun for the wheeler.....). I wanna test these tires!! If you read this, Thanks MIKE!! Your the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leviblue
02-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Heck Dirtcrasher the thought of snow freeks people out in Jersey. You can't find a shovel or a loaf of bread in 100 miles. People drive like aholes and theres no snow on the ground yet!!!!! Man I grew up in Iowa,and it's gonna make me sound old but we went to school in 2ft of it and never was let out early. If we get snow 2 times a year it's 2 times too many for some. Wussies!!!!!! I can't wait for the 12to24 inches we're gonna get. the bad is I won't be taking any of my trikes out in it but the 200sx will be out in an hour.

racerxxx
02-05-2010, 10:36 PM
9:30 here and it's just starting to snow, my deck isn't covered yet. Just north and west of Philly we're in the 10"-14" range. Looking to get out on the 250SX tomorrow! We better get some good snow. I just want to ride in the white stuff. Good luck Levi.

racerxxx
02-05-2010, 11:42 PM
It's on now!!!!!!!!

03 ORANGE SHEE
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
may get 36 inches by sunday!got a foot out there now, 2 inches falling per hr. here.

bittner5454
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
was just out tonight from 9 to 10 30....its coming down good and she was hauling through it...good fun ill have to get pics and video tomorrow in the daylight....

Thorpe
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Minnesota boy here... Born and raised... Snow storm??? I might top off my fuel tank (on the BR and my Jeep...) Gotta love all that white stuff...

petesatc
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
post some pics guys!!

Rawlins350x
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I will have to take some pics today.. I know I have a 6 foot bank out where the plow truck came through ( road was bare yesterday morning). I'm going to take a measurement, but I'm guessing its well over 2 feet in the yard. Guess i'll be riding around town on the trike today :naughty:

Side Wayz
02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Its here, sweet my sub division is cleared just enough to get laps taking a break.

Kintore
02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
PICS!!!! please!!!

SWIGIN
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
We have about 2 feet so far and it's suppose to snow till dark......pics coming.

Vealmonkey
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Man, we're getting hammered here. 2 freaky snow storms with 2 months. Over 24 inches so far and some drifts over 4 feet high. Baltimore is going insane. The crime rate is down though! LOL Of course people will shoot each other over a cleared parking space. It's so bad, parking garages volunteered to let people park in them for free so the plows could try and clear the streets. Too much snow to be fun. It was so crazy, we even had a Snow-Thunderstorm!!!! Never seen one of those before, so that was a first. We're having record snowfall for the year and the season. The MD snow removal budget was blown out in the storm right before Christmas and we've had 2 small snows of about 4-6" inches between then and now. Everything is so snow covered, Baltimore City actually looks like a nice place! LOL I hope everyone is OK. Powerlines are down all over the place. There were something like 50,000 estimated to be without power. And it hasn't stopped yet. It's crazy.

SWIGIN
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM

leviblue
02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Just got in and I took my neighbor, a COP,to the station then went and got another one!!!!! We got it so bad that they can't get their cars out of the station parking lot. I saw a few of them stuck in the snow last night and should of stoped but kept going. I've never had one thank me for getting them to work. Too much snow to do anything in and more comming

200xman
02-06-2010, 03:36 PM

That reminds me of my Blazer from the storm before Christmas. We had 27" from that one but this one just missed us here. All I saw today were a few flurries but I had the plow on just in case.

Preddy05
02-06-2010, 04:15 PM
My bikes had no snow on them around 11pm last night when we stopped riding... already had about a foot of snow and woke up today and they looked like this...
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/PredLE/stuff.jpg

bittner5454
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
pretty good day today....tons of snow

petesatc
02-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Man, we're getting hammered here. 2 freaky snow storms with 2 months. Over 24 inches so far and some drifts over 4 feet high. Baltimore is going insane. The crime rate is down though! LOL Of course people will shoot each other over a cleared parking space. It's so bad, parking garages volunteered to let people park in them for free so the plows could try and clear the streets. Too much snow to be fun. It was so crazy, we even had a Snow-Thunderstorm!!!! Never seen one of those before, so that was a first. We're having record snowfall for the year and the season. The MD snow removal budget was blown out in the storm right before Christmas and we've had 2 small snows of about 4-6" inches between then and now. Everything is so snow covered, Baltimore City actually looks like a nice place! LOL I hope everyone is OK. Powerlines are down all over the place. There were something like 50,000 estimated to be without power. And it hasn't stopped yet. It's crazy.
Hey Pat hope your alright ?? we 've had loads of snow over here in the UK in the last month ( can only remember once as kid as bad 12" of snow) and more to come next week .....did someone hear something about global warming????

factoryX
02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
you people are so lucky! we got 2 inches today and its already melting..Damn west coast.

Vealmonkey
02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I got some pics earlier before shoveling. I had to take the time to reduce them down a little. And pics are now kind of a pain to post, but let's see if I can get them right. Yes, I'm ok. It's just way too much snow for an area like this. Supposedly the storm we had right before Christmas blew the budget for snow removal for the season. I can't even imagine the damage cost-wise at this point. Baltimore has just about come to a stand still. But I'm just starting to see a few cars barely moving down the main roads and I'm only 2 blocks off a snow emergency route (Rte 1) so it's mainly a matter of getting a plow down the street. I'm about a mile from Walmart but it looked like the place was looted by rioters thursday night and it was beyond jam packed friday afternoon when I left work. Up north where people are more used to dealing with snow, this probably isn't anything, but down here, it's a big deal. I still have power and tv and telephone and the computer. I've had my daily workout with shoveling. LOL I have some grub and beverages of many kinds. LOL The cats have food and plenty of litter. And there are projects in the basement if I get board. LOL In the top middle picture, that mound is my Tow'd dunebuggy, so yeah, we got some snow. And the worst part is, there are no you enterprising teens on my street trying to make money shoveling snow! LOL I hope everyone else is ok. I know 86trizinger on here has a long driveway and the snow before Christmas, he was shoveling his butt off. I can't imagine what he is dealing with now. There are alot of people around here in a bad way. The elderly and the homeless are really roughing it out. I've heard a couple sirens, but not seen any police or ambulances or firetrucks and that is really unusual. It's usually jumping pretty good around here and it's really quiet as compared to downtown and it's just eerily dead calm. My neighbors have been shoveling as well. Pretty crazy stuff.

Side Wayz
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Just got in again will be back out again. I'll try to get some pics.

racerxxx
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I got some pics earlier before shoveling. I had to take the time to reduce them down a little. And pics are now kind of a pain to post, but let's see if I can get them right. Yes, I'm ok. It's just way too much snow for an area like this. Supposedly the storm we had right before Christmas blew the budget for snow removal for the season. I can't even imagine the damage cost-wise at this point. Baltimore has just about come to a stand still. But I'm just starting to see a few cars barely moving down the main roads and I'm only 2 blocks off a snow emergency route (Rte 1) so it's mainly a matter of getting a plow down the street. I'm about a mile from Walmart but it looked like the place was looted by rioters thursday night and it was beyond jam packed friday afternoon when I left work. Up north where people are more used to dealing with snow, this probably isn't anything, but down here, it's a big deal. I still have power and tv and telephone and the computer. I've had my daily workout with shoveling. LOL I have some grub and beverages of many kinds. LOL The cats have food and plenty of litter. And there are projects in the basement if I get board. LOL In the top middle picture, that mound is my Tow'd dunebuggy, so yeah, we got some snow. And the worst part is, there are no you enterprising teens on my street trying to make money shoveling snow! LOL I hope everyone else is ok. I know 86trizinger on here has a long driveway and the snow before Christmas, he was shoveling his butt off. I can't imagine what he is dealing with now. There are alot of people around here in a bad way. The elderly and the homeless are really roughing it out. I've heard a couple sirens, but not seen any police or ambulances or firetrucks and that is really unusual. It's usually jumping pretty good around here and it's really quiet as compared to downtown and it's just eerily dead calm. My neighbors have been shoveling as well. Pretty crazy stuff.

Holy Crap Pat,

Thats some deep! We got about 14" at my place, plowed a few lots today that I have raked in almost a hundred an hour for 3 hours work! I was just in Baltimore the last week to a customers, forgot to look you up. good luck with the dig out, I'm hoping to get some seat time tomorrow or Monday, and supposedly more snow coming on Tuesday into Wednesday! I can't wait.

factoryX
02-07-2010, 02:15 AM
that's a plower's wet dream...

harryredtrike
02-07-2010, 02:59 AM
better you than me,ha ha

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL Veal..thats when you wish you were into VINTAGE SNOWBLOWERS!:D:D

http://www.gizmag.com/for-the-man-with-everything-the-v8-snowblower/4889/picture/17581/

We missed all that snow,, got about 1 1/2" of light fluffy stuff.. Im glad I dont have to plow all that snow for the ice races!

jason85atc250r
02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
i just sold a snow blower on ebay that would hav been perfect for vealmonkey. it was a Reo wheel horse model from the early 60's. it ran ( little onery till it warmed up) and worked went for only $21 thought it would have did better.

i'll be able to get some cheap in a month or 2 so Pat and 86trizinger can be ready for next winter.

Vealmonkey
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
A plow finally came down the street a little earlier today. So everyone was out shoveling out their vehicles today. We got everyone down on my end of the street dug out. One neighbor had a small Toro blower, it beat no blower at all. That was alot of fricking snow. And we are looking at some more Tuesday and Wednesday, but hopefully on 4 or 5 inches. Jason, why didn't you send down a blower when you saw gazoo? He works right around the corner from me. It would have been really handy. I know as soon as I get a blower, it will never snow again though! LOL Isn't that how it always works. And I heard on the news that there were still a few thousand people without power but hopefully they should have it by tonight. Crazy I tell ya.

MonroeMike
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Man, you guys got hit hard.

Vealmonkey
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
And the really crazy part. Thought I had the truck dug out enough but I don't. I went to try and leave the driveway this evening and go to the local royal farms for a couple supplies and the truck couldn't cut the corner enough. So I have some more digging to do tomorrow and I get to see how bad I scraped up the passenger door. Yay.

bittner5454
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
cant wait supposedly another 18 inches coming tues night and wed greattttttttttttttttttt

Vealmonkey
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
They said only 4-6 inches down here. I've had enough snow. I'm about ready to relocate farther south! LOL I need a Bobcat! LOL

Side Wayz
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
yep more snow 12+ inches I might come around your way Bit your not far at all.

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Over 20" here in 14 hours... people were still digging out today... whew

cox
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM
You guys are funny, thats not to uncommon up here. A little snow falls and all the americans panic, lol.:D

Besides, it coulda been worse....
http://www.jsjstudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/snow-car_small1.jpg

Louis Mielke
02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Pat! hang in there! We really are getting hammered! It's started snowing again tonight and its supposed to snow until tomorrow night. DC has been shut down for 3 days now.
It's just been crazy (for Maryland) We really never see this much snow even in a single winter.

Vealmonkey
02-10-2010, 02:14 AM
That's what people don't understand, that this is pretty rare down here. The state, counties and cities and the citizens just aren't prepared for conditions like this. I'm waiting for the looting to start, seriously. It's so mess up at work, they just shut down the plant here and put the bottling floor people on layoff. We have no supplies like bottles, labels or cases coming in, so they can't even bottle. We have tanks full of product and hardly no way to get it out the door, it's crazy. But the mechanics, electricians, millwrights and pipefitters will have some extra time to get some PM's done if they can get in. And the stores around here are running out of food items since alot of trucks don't seem to be moving around too well. The railroad tracks around here are fouled up and switches are frozen. CSX has crews out with these special heating units that look and sound like big jet engines to try and melt the switches and stuff, but it is slow going. I feel sorry for people that use heating oil and are awaiting deliveries. Downtown Baltimore in most places looks like a western movie, with just 2 ruts going down the street. There have been so many accidents, that it's not funny. A guy here at work had his truck crushed when a church collapsed under the weight of the snow and it fell on several cars including his truck. Trees are busted up everywhere, it crazy. People are starting to get a little freaked out.

bittner5454
02-10-2010, 02:20 AM
yo sidewayz im heading out tomorrow...prob gonna ride around with my friend on his 400....give me a shout and see whats up

Louis Mielke
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
It's true. Maryland is just not prepared for weather like this. We rarely see it. What's worse is that 90% of the people in the state have no idea how to drive in the snow. They either don't drive at all, drive so slow that they loose traction, or drive so fast that they slip, skid and crash.

Pat isn't exaggerating by any stretch of the imagination.

That and the biggest problem is there is no where left to put snow. I had to walk 20 minutes from where i parked my truck because there's a big pile of snow in my spot. This morning I'm praying my truck isn't towed or buried in snow. It's our only four wheel drive and I've been given people delivery duty. Been taking 3 different people to work for the past 3 days. They're too scared to drive. Don't blame them actually. I'd rather the people who don't know how to drive in snow stay home and out of my way. lol!

My wifes a teacher and they went ahead and closed her school for the rest of the week and that happen yesterday.

Vealmonkey
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
It's even crazier down here now. We have 5' plus again and the plows don't know where to put the snow. State facilities are out of salt. Stores are out of food or at the bare minimums. I had to go in on the midnight shift last night. They actually laid the bottling people off until friday cause we're out of all kinds of things at work and can't bottle. But they still had the mechanics and support people come in. Well the President of the plant calls up and said that he couldn't make it out of his neighborhood and since he was worried about our safety, for us all to go home! The idiot, if he can't make it out, how can we make it back in to our neighborhoods???? I live 7 miles away from work and it took me an Hour and 15 minutes to get home. Luckily I made it in my driveway. And the best part is, the President gave me his cellphone number and I just spent the last 15 minutes chewing his butt and telling him what an idiot he is and if he is to steer us into the future, than we are all screwed! LOL I also asked him where does he want me to send my body shop bill. I may be unemployed soon, but I just had to vent on him and his stupidity. I'll go down to Fl and collect unemployment, at least I won't have to shovel snow.

Dirtcrasher
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
We need some PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta see this......

Rm250RF900R
02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I completely agree with the pictures. We have had **** up here for snow this year. Right now were lucky to have 3 inches on the ground. Hell, most of the trails out in the woods are all clear. They are saying 4-8 inches for today and tonight though.

Vealmonkey
02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Man, I'm so tired of snow, I don't even feel like taking any more pics. Now the wind is whipping up and messing up what people have shoveled out so far today. All I know is, I got the rifle loaded and I'm waiting for all the crap to go down! LOL It's so bad here the governor has declared a state of emergency and we have all kinds of telephone and electrical people here from other states. I think they have mobilized the national guard. It's that crazy.

bittner5454
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-nFdHkPj1I

it was awesome until i rode up to the high school and ran into 8 cop cars and durangos and all of them running at me...they are so gay :twisted:

Dirtcrasher
02-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I just want to see what a "street view" looks like..... Believe me, I can picture it but I'm just curious how bad it looks, real time.

Sounds like you guys are crippled!! Thank god you still have your power and that you have food and supplies for yourself and the pets VM!!

You may have to help out some of the elderly? I wonder how they are holding up, getting old is hard enough to be able to see and move etc etc, but this must be crippling to them......

I guess if what happened at Katrina is any indication, your a long way away from help!

EDIT - I'm mad! It just started snowing now and only about 10"s predicted....... So much for a day off with the 4 snows! I hope by 8PM or so I can play, we'll see..............

Vealmonkey
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
They've declared blizzard conditions downtown, so non essential cars are banned from being on the streets. Is it bad enough yet?

blue27
02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
http://s389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/blue2777/stuff/Blizzard%202010/

Here are some pics from my yard and Maddie

Here is a pic of my floor jack I left outside,lol
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/blue2777/stuff/Blizzard%202010/P1010339.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/blue2777/stuff/Blizzard%202010/P1010362.jpg

oldskool83
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM
i got 24" here today....im tired of shoveling

Louis Mielke
02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Still snowing. Been snowing since last night around 5pm.

Side Wayz
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Wasnt to bad here, I rode from sicklerville to williamstown last night took 12 mins seen 1 cop,

the great gazoo
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Man, oh MAN!!! I lost power, water & heat Friday 4Amish till Monday @noon. It blew. I worked liked a maniac gathering wood(I'da been skrewed BIG if I didn't have a wood stove in my apt....
Then We get THIS!!! Crap, I hear we're getting more Sunday! & My work's thinking we'll pul a 1/2 day, no helpers, just mechanics doubled up? Yeah, I'll show up alright, but what buisiness is gonna be open tomorrow? It's nuts. I've never seen anything like this. Pat, I hope you still have a job:lol::lol:, but you were right to ream your boss, which is what we electricians are going to do to ours tomorrow, but face to face. GOD, PLEASE DONT LET ME LOSE POWER AGAIN, please?

the great gazoo
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Oop, sorry about the YT pic. I still have trouble w/ loading pics..........

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Not much parking at PEPE'S huh?? lol..................

factoryX
02-11-2010, 05:50 AM
bad news, looks like you guys are getting pounded next week as well.

Side Wayz
02-11-2010, 06:02 AM
yep we beat our old record from 95 96 winter and its only feb.

factoryX
02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I mean it is shattering all time records...

The Goat
02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
stay safe guys.

Vealmonkey if you start seeing asplundh trucks, stay out of their way...dangerous guys. Hangtight and stay safe.

Vealmonkey
02-11-2010, 10:17 AM
LOL I'm familiar with Asplundh. Just starting to dig out again. Broken and busted trees all over the place. Collapsed roofs. All kinds of down sheds and garage and power and telephone lines. We haven't seen a mailman in a day or 2. Heck, I'd be happy to see the old Asplundh truck come down the street, but I don't think it would fit! LOL Well I got to get out and get shoveling some more. I try to go shovel for a while until I'm feeling cold, then I come in to get a break for awhile and then I head back out. The local news is calling this Snow-maggedon! LOL Crazy stuff though. It's the quietest I've ever seen the city.

The Goat
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Those guys will damage ANYTHING without a care and let their insurance pay for it. During the storm I barely missed getting flattened by a dump truck. Couple of my friends had trees cut and felled onto their car.

Louis Mielke
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I went out last night in the F250 cause my dad got his explorer stuck. Thank god it's got the tall tires because I would have gotten hung up worse if not for how high it sits up. I think I'm gonna put taller tires on it cause I did high center it on the axles twice. Had to shovel out from under it. Just too much snow and the plows are getting stuck. One plow I was following left a pile of snow bigger than my truck in the middle of a road cause he couldn't push it any farther. That sucked.

r00sty
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice to see you guys getting a taste of what we live through about every year, except this one so far!!! lol stay safe, its almost over.

factoryX
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
hell it looks like texas is getting snow, 6-8 inches by the end of the day.
http://weather.cbs11tv.com/US/TX/119.html

the great gazoo
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I heard on the radio today that this is the most snow Baltimore's had since recording started back in the late 1800s. BWI airport recorded 77 inches! I wouldn't have believed it, but 98Rock news reported it, would that have been a drift?

SWIGIN
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Here is my driveway as of today. The piles of snow are to the point that it's real hard to shovle over them...I'd say 6 feet.

http://i50.tinypic.com/155rtpf.jpg

Just a reminder what it looked like after the first storm.

http://i47.tinypic.com/11t7ktc.jpg

Vealmonkey
02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Gazoo, just like there are catch basins to measure accumulated rain, there are catch basins to measure accumulated snow. The guys at NOAA and around the world have a standard so they can measure rainfall and snow fall. It's a cylinder that is so big around and so tall and is of course marked in us and metric, but it is a worldwide standard. Drifts don't really count towards measured snowfall though. But drifts are still a pain in the butt. Some of the worst drifts are out west. You should see the snowblowers they use to clear the train tracks out west, they are giant propellers mounted to the front of specialized engines. Those guys have big cajones to do that job. If they mess up, they are stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Not a job for the faint hearted. The big thing is, for areas that expect this kind of snow, well it's no big deal and cities deal with worse than this every winter, but they are prepared. Baltimore and most of the mid atlantic states are not. And that is why baltimore city pretty much came to a stand still. While I was out shoveling today, I acutally saw a plane fly overhead that looked like it was going into BWI, It's been a while since I've seen one flying, for 3 or 4 days at least, that's how bad it has been.