PDA

View Full Version : New user from PA

atc350xer
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I've loved trikes since I was a kid in the 80's... just couldn't afford them back then! Fast forward 25 years, and I'm amassing a collection(my wife hates me). I have a 1986 350X (my baby)in the process of restoration, a 1985 350X that someone put a '74 CB360 street bike engine in... twin cylinder X! Misc. frames and 350X parts, and I just acquired 2-1985 Big Reds (need put back together). I live 20 miles North of Pittsburgh and always looking for places to ride!

RIDE-RED 250r
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
welcome aboard man! sounds like you have a nice stable goin there!

celicagt23
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Hey man welcome aboard!

Where are you from North of Pgh? I live near New Stanton, about 30 min east of the city.

MonroeMike
02-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Welcome to 3 Wheeler World.

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey man welcome aboard!

Where are you from North of Pgh? I live near New Stanton, about 30 min east of the city.

I know New Stanton... I am originally from Irwin, went to school in Ruffsdale (Yough Junior High), now live in Cranberry Township. Creek Hills is out your way, right? Always wanted to check that place out.

Thanks for the welcome guys... it's great to know other people love the old trikes like I do!

keister
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Welcome!!
I thought I had the only 350X in Cranberry Twp.
Where do you ride? We do a lot of riding in Mercer and Butler.
The only place I've ever ridden in Cranberry are the trails that start at I-79 and 228 and go north along the interstate.
My Big Red is about to get a snowplow.
Here's mine a couple of mine.
http://www.venustel.com/~peepers/350-8.jpg

http://www.venustel.com/~peepers/250R_right.jpg

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Welcome!!
I thought I had the only 350X in Cranberry Twp.
Where do you ride? We do a lot of riding in Mercer and Butler.
The only place I've ever ridden in Cranberry are the trails that start at I-79 and 228 and go north along the interstate.
My Big Red is about to get a snowplow.
Here's mine a couple of mine.
http://www.venustel.com/~peepers/350-8.jpg

http://www.venustel.com/~peepers/250R_right.jpg

Sweet... nice to know a fellow triker is nearby. Where are ya in C'berry? There is nowhere to ride by my house (off of Haine School Road), but my brother and I took them up to New Brighton to a friend's house alot... tons of trails up there. Unfortunately, my brother sold his 350X, and his friend sold his quad... I have nowhere to ride and no one to ride with now!

keister
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I am off Rowan Road. I would be interested in checking out New Brighton.
We do a lot of trail rides and riding the same places gets old.
We have actually been out 2 of the last 3 weekends. Single digit temps aren't a problem - 2 feet of snow is....
Most of the guys I ride with have 350Xes as primary trail riders.

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Crazy... you're less than 10 minutes away from me... I hear ya on the snow thing... but if my motor were done, I'd give it a try!
BTW, your brother's website is awesome! I sent the link to my bro... maybe we can do New Brighton sometime... I'll talk to my bro's buddy...

atctim
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I'd be in for a ride in some new territory! Keep me updated Keister - and welcome to the site fellow Western Pennsylvanian - atc350xer

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd be in for a ride in some new territory! Keep me updated Keister - and welcome to the site fellow Western Pennsylvanian - atc350xer

Awesome, and thanks... there has to be alot of places to ride in Tionesta, no? Been wanting to do a canoe camping trip near Cook Forest... beautiful area up there

oldskool83
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
welcome, im a PA boy also, but about an hour east of harrisburg

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
welcome, im a PA boy also, but about an hour east of harrisburg

My sis lives in Lancaster... go out there once or twice a year

atctim
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
There is not much riding here where I am believe it or not. The past 10 - 15 years has been a huge shutdown of hundreds of miles of private trails in my area. Land owners mainly getting fed up with kids on loud machines with no respect for other people's land. I have a few trials I still have access to and permission to ride on - but we can usually cover them all in under an hour.

Allegheny National Forest is open - but requires insurance / registration + their stinking trail permit. Not to mention the only trail that is any fun to ride it the motorcycle loop (approx 12 miles long. This is why I have been spending more and more time on the track lately - as well as riding in Ohio where the only thing needed is admission fees at some really great riding areas. One of my favorites is Lightning in Tippicanoe Ohio. It sux that there is nothing PA is doing to generate revenue from folks like us. They would rather spend millions in turning the old rail beds into bike trails - miles and miles of bicycle trails that are never full and there is no admittance fees. PA gov't needs to get their heads of of their arses and follow suit like WV did with the Hatfiled McCoy trail system. It creates jobs, and brings in tons of tourist money annually.

Sorry about the rant........................

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
A couple of mine... not as nice as the ones I've seen here!

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I couldn't agree more... ever been to Mines and Meadows? Been wanting to try that out, but need to get reg. and ins. first

atctim
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I have never been to mines and meadows. Also - I have been talking for years about going to both Majestic Trails (up north - Rew, PA) and also Breezewood Proving Grounds. Both are trike friendly and I do not believe either require registration. We should try to put something together this summer.

atc350xer
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
that would be awesome, especially if I can get Big Red put together and running for my brother

keister
02-09-2010, 08:37 AM
350Xer,
If you are looking for an extra hand putting that Big Red together, let me know.
My wife just got a second job (Walgreens) so I suddenly have some free time in the evenings.
I hope you have a heated garage?

Kintore
02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I KNOW you boys arent planning a ride without ME!

Welcome! if you see alot of them PA boys, youll be seeing lots of me!

atc350xer
02-09-2010, 10:13 AM
350Xer,
If you are looking for an extra hand putting that Big Red together, let me know.
My wife just got a second job (Walgreens) so I suddenly have some free time in the evenings.
I hope you have a heated garage?

That's a great offer, thank you! I was supposed to pick up the other BR yesterday, but the guy had to work late and put me off til the weekend... argh! I have been waiting since last Thursday to get this thing, and he lives ONE mile away from me. When I can get it here, I'll let you know what I have to work with... Also, I just picked up a small torpedo heater (LOVE CL) so my garage is heated.... now, anyway!

keister
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Cool - when you get it, just send me a PM and let me know.