PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Update: Everyone needs to read this....

Howdy
08-19-2003, 05:55 PM
I updated the rules today and added this one:

#2. Updated 8/19/03, Posts typed in all caps are subject to removal with out prior notification or any warning. Repeat postings in all caps will result in further action, up to and including a ban from the message boards. Using all Caps is considered Yelling on the internet and extremely Rude. Limit: 1 out of 10 words posted in All caps is more than enough. This was added to keep people from trying to get around this rule.

Bottom line is if you post in all caps the posting gets removed. Plain and simple. If you see you posted in all caps please edit the message ASAP. If I ( or other moderators ) see it we will remove it. Repeat offenders will be dealt with accordingly.
We have tried for a long time to get people to stop posting in all caps. How ever some still do it anyway. Thus this Rule needed to be put into place and enforced right away.

I will be updating the other rules in the near future.

Thanks
Howdy

Howdy
08-19-2003, 07:30 PM
I just thought I would add I have started to remove postings already. If you have a posting that is missing this could be why.
Howdy

kybishop
03-14-2004, 03:13 PM
How are we to know if it was moved or deleted and if so, for what reason. I have had two removed or deleted, I don't know which. Neither was in all caps and I have no idea why they were moved/deleted. Be nice to know what happened and why. It was atc related, a lot more than some of the the crazy things in here, like hunting lions and Chevelles and UPS deliveries. This is an open forum.

trikerider2oo7
03-14-2004, 03:18 PM
did they have anything bad in them?

Howdy
03-14-2004, 03:38 PM
How are we to know if it was moved or deleted and if so, for what reason.

If you look at all your post you have made you can see the postings that were moved. If it has been deleted ( moved to the trash bin ) it should show up in a search.

It would take too much time to notify everyone about every post moved or removed. I do not have a lot of spare Time myself.
If your a bad repeat poster ( bad, wrong forum, ect ) you will hear from a moderator. Thus not hearing from a Moderator about a posting should be considered a Good thing ( even if your post was removed ). ;)

Howdy

250SX
03-18-2004, 02:26 AM
If you aren't telling people what they're doing wrong then how will they know not to do it in the future? http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/images/smilies/doh.gif :-D