PDA

View Full Version : what can i make

big yeller
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
i would like to make a "modern trike". im curious what kind of dirt bike and parts combos has worked, i really would like to try a yamaha 2 stroke dirt bike. i also have a ytm 200e frame i dont know if i could do any thing with it. i do have skills in fabricating and so on. im just curious of what would work to gather ideals. i would want to do something with a 250cc engine or bigger.

audioworks04
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Anything is possible with the right tools and time. But as far as logical your best be would be to start out with an existing three wheeler frame and then do your upgrades from there as far as modern suspension and drivetrain. I guess I dont really know what modern means to people. as far as I am concerned the 86 250r is just as advanced as the currently produced four wheelers of today with the exception of suspension. It all just depends on what you want, it can be done.
DREAM IT AND BUILD IT.

big yeller
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
inspiring words audio works 04. sounds like ill be working of my 200e frame. when i hear people talking about a modern trike im thinking a updated engine like something on a new bike, some suspension of something that was better than the oem part, and some shocks on the rear lolz. new parts would be modern to me. ill be thinking of something to build off the ytm frame....just not shure yet.