PDA

View Full Version : My new Carbine

Trimotomike
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Well I did something Im not all that proud of , I sold my YTM200 and the KLT200 Thursday . I told myself I would never sell another trike but I did and I feel horibble . But on a better note I used the money to purchase 2 guns . One being a 1945 Russian Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine and a jemenez .25 for my girlfriend . Here are some pics of the rifle , gotta wait 3 days to go get the .25 . I fired 10 rounds through the Mosin and holy crap that thing kicks like a freeking mule . Tried to get my fiancee to shoot it but after one shot she wanted nothing to do with it . Gonna go shoot it again tommorrow , so glad 7.62x54r rounds are cheap .:cool::cool:
the last pic is a 7.62 round next to a .380 to give an idea of the size .

hancadam
02-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I love Mosins. I have two 91/30, and 3 M44's. In my opinion you cannot get a better gun for he money. Accurate, reliable, and cheap to shoot.

69HemiGTX
02-14-2010, 03:01 AM
My buddy picked up a 1943 Nagant that was still in its original packaging in the late 90s. The barrell was even full of cosmoline! Man, what a sweet rifle. It looked like the stock was carved out of a 2x4 and it kicked like a Howitzer, but it shot straight, flat, and fast. He used some crazy Chinese rounds that used corrosive primers, so he had to be very methodical when he cleaned it. They were really powerful. Each round blasted a huge fireball out the barrell. Talk about loud! Sheesh, even with earplugs, my ears would ring. He traded it for a Tokarev, then traded the Tokarev and some cash for a Dragunov.

dickieg89
02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Mosins are B.A. I like mine and wasn't an expensive gun, good deer rifle if you want to use it for that. I've got the model where the bayanet is on a pivot attached, I forget the model #.

hancadam
02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
The M44 has the swinging bayonet. I am currently looking for a M38. Its the same as the M44 minus the bayonet.

Trimotomike
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I shot 20 more rounds out of mine today and was very suprised at how accurate it is , im no rifleman and I was hitting the target almost evry shot (paper target at 100 yds) . And it does shoot big flames out of the barrel . My cousin went back today and got a 1940 Turkish 8mm Mauser and it has minimal recoil compared to my M44 .absolutely love it .