PDA

View Full Version : Seems rare

Rod
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Found this in the southern oregon craigslist posts. I have never seen one before. Seems like a decent deal.
http://medford.craigslist.org/rvs/1601206478.html
http://images.craigslist.org/3k63me3le5T35P25Saa2e545ec1ebbc3b1e34.jpg

Vealmonkey
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
You really need to snatch that up. It's not as nice as say a water cooled atc250r, but it beats air cooled in a hot area. They were a really neat stop gap solution to a more modern atc250r. And just a great period accessory.

250rmanfmf
02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
get it! I am unsure of brand, dg made one but thats not it. How far away are you?

Tyler

rickybudz
02-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Just seen one of those today. Those are not that common, better snatch that up. If not for your self, for the profit!

NINJA
02-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Well apparently the seller isn't a man of his word like he told me he was. I was the first person to contact him about it. I asked if he accepted PayPal and he said his wife would know. I then told him I'd pay in any way that was most convenient for him ( taking a big chance). He told me since he was a "handshake" kind of guy that he'd sell it to me and that he just had to wait for his wife to get home since she's in charge of finances. I was willing to pay more than what he wanted even, if that would seal the deal. I haven't heard from him since and he won't answer his phone or return my calls. So my question is, who is the dry gulching SOB that somehow convinced the guy to sell it to them? You must have offered way to much money for it, because I had pretty deep pockets for this buy and was willing to offer too much money for it. I knew I should have flagged his post, but I'm not dishonest, that's not the way I go about things. I just don't understand how this happened. No matter what, I should have been the guy he sold it to, considering I had the money immediately at my disposal and was flexible with payment method. WTF! I swear to God, if some tire kicker called him and told him it was worth much more and that is the reason this deal went south, all I have to say is that I wish the fleas of 1,000 camels upon your nether regions! Also, what in the hell is wrong with the seller? SOB I'm pissed off!
I guess finding an honest person is about as hard as finding a virgin these days.

250rmanfmf
02-17-2010, 10:15 AM
That sucks man, I was gettin ready to take the chance and take the 6 hour drive to go get it but bailed. I wounder how much its worth? I know dg made one and they sold for $325-400 back in the day. I wish I had one for when i get another airfooler. If someone did tell him about the worth of the part is then keep an eye on ebay. Wouldnt surprise me if it poped up there in the next couple weeks.

Tyler

Macs
02-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Ninja, we are in the same boat. As soon as it popped up on CL before it was posted here. I contacted the guy, we worked all of the details. I was going to send him a check then all communication stopped. I had just offered him what he was asking.

mopar_man
02-17-2010, 10:50 AM
You find all kinds of low-lifes on Craigslist that will sell something out from under you if someone shows up with cash in hand. It's happened to me before. You'll also find people that are all kinds of interested in your item for sale but won't actually show up to pay for it.

leviblue
02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
A few years ago I saw a R out of NC. Called the guy and set a time to come the next day. My girlfreind and I took the drive, 5 1/2 hrs there only to be told he just sold it an hour before. I called him at every state boarder to tell him where I was so he knew I was comming. Jacka$$ even gave me directions when I got off the interstate so I thought nothing. But when I got there he said "Sorry but the other guy had cash". I guess my cash wasn't good enough and I brought extra just incase. As I stood in his drive I wanted to toss a brick through his window. If I was driving back to Jersey that day I would of. Thank god my girlfreind was there to calm me down.
Even on here I'm unsure of buying. I'm a man of my word and I've held bikes for people because they can't get to me asap. I held a 200X for over a month for a member only to be told "I don't know what I want now". He even wanted to leave me a deposit but I said NO it's here when your ready. FYI he's still looking for a trike.
Bittner5454 saw a R out of NY and as soon as he said he was bringing someone up to check it out before he buys it the guy stopped returning his calls. Trust me if I drive 7hrs round trip I'll come home with the bike unless it's a POS. I guess this was one of those POS's.

devilman
02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
You find all kinds of low-lifes on Craigslist that will sell something out from under you if someone shows up with cash in hand. It's happened to me before. You'll also find people that are all kinds of interested in your item for sale but won't actually show up to pay for it.

i would sell out from under someone. as many times as i have been told, "i will be there around whatever time" and they don't show. that has pissed me off to the point that when i put an ad up, i put first here with payment gets item. no holding for anyone unless i meet them personally and have a deposit. with the scamming that is going on out there, it has to be done this way i beleive. i hate wasting my time. this is just for craigslist and a couple local advertising sites. i wouldn't do this to someone here, for the fact that 99.9% use paypal and must of us get along.

300rman
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
i would sell out from under someone. as many times as i have been told, "i will be there around whatever time" and they don't show. that has pissed me off to the point that when i put an ad up, i put first here with payment gets item. no holding for anyone unless i meet them personally and have a deposit. with the scamming that is going on out there, it has to be done this way i beleive. i hate wasting my time. this is just for craigslist and a couple local advertising sites. i wouldn't do this to someone here, for the fact that 99.9% use paypal and must of us get along.

EXACTLY. if i knew someone was on the way, i wouldnt sell it though. i'd tell him to come back tomorrow if its still here. othere than that, it goes to the first guy with cash

oldtime3wheeler
02-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I had a person driving about 2 hrs to come up and purchase something from me awhile back. About a half hour before the person arrived another person stopped by and offered to buy it. I took there number and said if the first person didnt buy it I would call them. I have had people say they are coming and never show up, but I wont sell anything out from under someone. I have had trikes sold out from under me and dont like it at all.

AutoXer
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
thats the same way i am oldtime and if I don't hear from you or see you when you are suppose to be there you loose. But this situation is different in that Ninja wanted to pay asap for the item. The seller should have considered it sold. My bet is it will be on e-bay soon due to greed

Xfile
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
When I sell stuff on craigslist, and a buyer sets up a time to pick something up, I give them 1/2 hour from the time they said they would arrive extra if they don't give me a heads up call. If there over 1/2 hour late with no call all bets are off, and it's on to the next offer. Too many times it's been "I'm on my way" and you sit home all day for a no-show. But, the original situation is different, if they sold the parts out from under you, they should at least let you know there reason.

Side Wayz
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Just seen that head on Air Foolers, I think Saul has it or maybe he was the one selling it but it was the 15th and its the same pic for 125.00 maybe you can buy it from him.