PDA

View Full Version : ebay problem -- atc carb not received

mathias
02-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Is bootyspanker/gatordesigns on here? Or does anybody know anything about them? I don't want to stir up trouble for anyone, but it has been a little while since I sent payment, and I have yet to receive any communication. Their rating was 100% until a couple of days ago, and I can understand extenuating circumstances, but it's been 12 days.

Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326138670

I've sent 3 "contact seller" messages, and sent one email directly to their email.
I'm going to give it a couple more days, and then I guess I'll have to try out the ebay buyer protection.

curtis slawson
02-19-2010, 11:51 PM
id give it a few more days beforyou tell ebay or paypal that u didnt get your item

yooperman
02-20-2010, 12:17 AM
yeah i went through the ame thing with a CT racing head for a 350x and i fought it for a while and made it no where i was pissed i got sick of fighting it and getting no where and nobody i talked to wanting to help me i finally just ct my loss's which sucked cause that would have been nice on the ol X

Thorpe
02-20-2010, 12:17 AM
X2 on the paypal claim...

mathias
02-20-2010, 12:21 AM
yeah i went through the ame thing with a CT racing head for a 350x and i fought it for a while and made it no where i was pissed i got sick of fighting it and getting no where and nobody i talked to wanting to help me i finally just ct my loss's which sucked cause that would have been nice on the ol X

That does suck -- sorry to hear it...

mopar_man
02-20-2010, 01:08 AM
I had to do a PayPal claim but don't expect any rush on it. I won something Jan. 1st and it never showed up. I had to wait 21 days to file a claim. Jan. 22nd I filed a claim. Jan. 23rd I escalated it to get my money back. I'm still waiting on eBay/PayPal to review the case and refund me.

atc350xer
02-20-2010, 01:50 AM
happened to me too... ebay refunded my $70 a week after I filed the claim

mopar_man
02-20-2010, 09:57 AM
happened to me too... ebay refunded my $70 a week after I filed the claim

That's how it used to be. Now with their "buyer protection" stuff, it seems like they've got a whole bunch more problems and it takes a lot longer to get refunded.

ATCeeya
02-21-2010, 02:36 AM
are you rlcea490 or that someone else who gave him the neg?

mathias
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
are you rlcea490 or that someone else who gave him the neg?

That is someone else.

Northman
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
o crap ...im waiting on a 185s carg i bought for my brother

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160400283400&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

mathias
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
He's got plenty of positives, but now 3 negs in the last week. Plus you and me, if you haven't posted a neg yet. I like to think of the good in people, so maybe he just misplaced some emails or something. But, I've sent a lot of messages and opened a case against him three days ago, and have yet to get any response.

2Tim215
02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
With all of their positives until recently it may be something unexpected has happened to this seller. It is hard to say. I would start the process through Ebay before PayPal as I believe it is shorter to receive a refund that way. I personally would hold off on feedback until Ebay has refunded your account. Did you do a "Contact Seller" search? I believe Ebay will give you their phone number to follow-up with. Hope this helps.

atc350xer
02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
With all of their positives until recently it may be something unexpected has happened to this seller. It is hard to say. I would start the process through Ebay before PayPal as I believe it is shorter to receive a refund that way. I personally would hold off on feedback until Ebay has refunded your account. Did you do a "Contact Seller" search? I believe Ebay will give you their phone number to follow-up with. Hope this helps.

Same as my situation... a couple hundred positives, and each day that went by, more and more negs... about 50 the last time I looked. I originally thought the person could have had an accident or something, you never know. But then they'd get a positive here and there, and by looking at the dates, the sales ended after mine. At that point, I was angry. That's the only neg I have ever left, out of 150 transactions. It was a Christmas gift for one of my kids, so time was of the essence...

mathias
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
One of the negs has been updated with a second feed back -- "May he RIP. My deepest sympathy to his family. Sad Sad Sad" So, I guess something did happen to him...

mopar_man
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow. That's unfortunate. I doubt that happens too often. I'm not trying to be a jerk but maybe check where the seller lives and look for online obituaries. Some people will do anything to get away from money/parts they owe.

mathias
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I contacted the buyer that had placed the feedback, and he said the guy died of cancer. He had talked to the guys mom who was trying to take care of everything, but was a bit overwhelmed. Sounded like she is trying to do the right thing...

ATCeeya
02-26-2010, 04:07 PM
wow..when something like that happens ebay is probably the last thing on your mind. Im sure they will make good with you.

2Tim215
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Their previous feedback and lack of recent activity as a buyer or seller sort of told me something must be wrong. It would be nice if eBay would allow the negatives to be retracted based on the circumstances. May God bless all of those surrounded by this situation.

mopar_man
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they do now. Actually any circumstances - one side of the deal has to make the request and the other has to agree. There may be other rules too, I don't know.

I haven't had to deal with that but it sounds about right.

Northman
02-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Still no carb so I opened a case with Ebay as I tried to email the guy a few times..I would say do not buy from this person as he will soon have two more negs. Do I need to open a case with Pay Pal at the same time?

Northman
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Oops arg ya his mom called me and said he passed same day I bought the carb, not sure what she is going to do ,,I feel bad

mathias
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I feel bad, too. Your case with ebay will be enough. I opened one a week ago saying no correspondence. 7 days later ebay asked if the seller had responded. I said no, and then it automatically escalated to where a real person reviewed it. A day later and the money was refunded.

mopar_man
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I feel bad, too. Your case with ebay will be enough. I opened one a week ago saying no correspondence. 7 days later ebay asked if the seller had responded. I said no, and then it automatically escalated to where a real person reviewed it. A day later and the money was refunded.

Wow. I got shafted on my case. I paid Jan. 1, filed Jan. 22 and only got my refund last week. I had to hound eBay on their live chat twice to get my refund.

atc350xer
03-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Do I need to open a case with Pay Pal at the same time?

I opened one of each, and if I got refunded by both, then I would have been the crook... I'd say try ebay only first... they made it right within a week.

rdlsz24
03-04-2010, 11:52 AM
RIP bootyspanker. Man he still has a lot of carbs listed. Hopefully his mom can keep up with it.

Rob

Northman
03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I feel bad but still no refund on my carb, and I need to order one for my bro any other sellers have good product its for a 1983 185s