PDA

View Full Version : let it snow

brapp
02-26-2010, 01:08 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6w1q68W4AiY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6w1q68W4AiY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

riverrat
02-26-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't think you can use the code for embedding on this site. You have to use the "insert video" button, and just put the url in the pop up box.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xcracer160#p/a/u/0/6w1q68W4AiY

riverrat
02-26-2010, 01:46 AM
BTW, this storm is scaring me. I've been through a few too. I went 2 miles to my shop to clean the snow earlier, and the fire alarm sounded 6 times. On the way home, I got into 3 small accidents. At one point, I stopped to help someone, and after I stopped on this hill, my truck just started sliding off the road all by itself. 3 accidents in 2 miles. I got rearended once, slide off the road, and then slide off my driveway. On my block, there was what looked like to be 3 trees down. So I stopped to get out and move them, they were small, like 60ft pines, I realized they weren't snapped, just bent over across the road from the weight of the snow. I grabbed the top, and shock it violently, and the snow came off, and the tree started lifting me off the ground. I let go, and it snapped back upright, and then did the same thing for the next 2 trees. We got about 22" so far, which isn't so bad, but the snow is extremely heavy, and if you walk or drive on it, it immediately turns to ice. I was able to drive my quad over the snow the plows left behind, without sinking in.
I also studded my snowthrower tires today, boy they work great now.

Russell 350X
02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope we get HAMMERED! I want to break 1000 miles on my sled this year....got 500 now..

2Tim215
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Snow was to deep for my Yamaha 200ER but took it out and tried anyway! Be careful folks, roads are bad. I was hoping they were closed in NY so I could drive my three to town!

cattle-dog
02-26-2010, 08:14 PM
yep 18 inches here trouble is i went out to fire up my 74 ski doo tnt440 and the fuel pump diaphram took a dump no one has one cant get one until tuesday this is the first good snow in a month

mopar_man
02-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow. You guys are getting pounded. I think my yard is down to about 10" of snow or so. Ever since I got my trike running well, I've wanted it to dump a bunch so I can go have some fun.

Bryan Raffa
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Yep cancelled my trip to summit Indoors... plowed tonight for 3 hours.. dug the trailer out.. loaded the sled... meeting the sledheads at 9am at the diner... git it!...

Dirtcrasher
02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
We have had a horrible winter for fun...... Very little snow and not cold enough to enjoy the ice, or make it thru the damn power lines!!

Looks like RAFFAFEST was AOK though; I sure hope to get over there sometime. But, thats all up to my great and generous friend Mike or DEEPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brapp
02-28-2010, 11:58 AM
i go tmy front axle back togethe ront he truck and got chains on all 4 wheels gonna try and make it out to town today so lol well wsee how it works out.

Tri-ZNate
02-28-2010, 12:41 PM
We got almost 2 ft of powder. Now it packed down and is awesome for riding on. Alot of accidents around here caused by people who like to roach their tires and have no tread left, just dumb people in general. Enjoy the snow while its here

riverrat
02-28-2010, 12:50 PM
32" of snow here, videos to follow.

jason85atc250r
02-28-2010, 01:05 PM
We got about 4 inches but with the snow already on the ground and the 40 to 50 mph winds there was bad drifting in spots. It would freeze on the road. it was blowing so bad at one spot on top of a hill that all of a sudden i could not see the road and i hit the brakes and it was a sheet of ice. I spun out and flipped my truck on the side. it was the only icy spot for a 1/2 mile on the whole hour trip there

Crawled out the passenger door and my 1st step i fell down and hurt myself worst them the wreck. Was picking up some atc250r parts i got from a guy off ebay. the flywheel or clutch basket assembly beaned me in the head it was in a box on the passenger seat. One of them cracked my wind shield.

It sat for a hour in the side till the tow truck driver got there. He tried flipping it back on the wheels by chain around the frame and it just slide down the road. He then opened the door and hooked his strap to the seat belt and them the angle was rite and it went back on the wheels. it fired rite up and i drove it home. :Bounce

Vealmonkey
02-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow Jason, Glad you didn't get hurt. I know you probably have that door out in the parts stash don't you?

Escanabajosh
02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
i got grass showing! what a weird winter, a hour from me has a foot and we got a few inches in spots!

jason85atc250r
02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Wow Jason, Glad you didn't get hurt. I know you probably have that door out in the parts stash don't you?

Yeah i have a door it's the last one i have left. It'll be white in one corner now with the rest silver. The onlt fender i have left has minor rust holes on the wheel lip.

chris200x
02-28-2010, 03:05 PM
DANG JAY!!! Glad your ok! We got about 20 inches on top of the 20+ we already had here... You need 4WD Still to get to the main road to my house. what a freakin mess! good year to own a snow moblie!

chris200x
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
PICS.. here's a few my buddy in town sent me from his yard.. that fence is 6tf high. lol I was finally able to make it to the store this morning.. after 3 days of being trapped. I'm ready fer spring....:crazy::Bounce

JohnR.
02-28-2010, 07:53 PM
We got pretty hammered here. On Wednesday night I plowed the 6 or so inches we got on Tuesday, on Thursday night I plowed whatever fell from early that morning then I put the quad away in the back yard but left the plow in the driveway (thank God). I was expecting another 6-8 inches Thursday night into Friday but when I got up Friday morning there was over 12 inches of heavy, wet snow on the ground. Following the tracks from the path I cut to the shed with the quad the night before I still got stuck 3 times in the 150 feet to the road even with a 2 inch lift and 26 inch mud tires. All in all it took me about 6 hours from when I went out to get the quad to when I finished plowing my property and finished helping my neighbors who couldn't do anything with their snowblowers. That quad proved itself again Friday and as thanks I gave it Saturday off. I spent about 2 more hours out there today getting some of the big snow piles out of the way and clearing off the flatbed trailer that rat used to bring his machines to IceFest. When I dug the quad out one time that it got stuck I was down to the lawn and the snow was up to the racks, they are 36 inches off the ground. That was a total from this storm and the one earlier in the week.

John

riverrat
02-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's a couple pics, I got video of the snow track with tunnel and 180 turn we made in the yard, have to get it downloaded. The last picture is the path I had to make in front of my shop. That's the sidewalk, and the mountains of snow are almost 6-7ft.

Vealmonkey
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I feel your pain brother! That is the same stuff that hit us earlier in the year. Glad to hear you are ok. Mother Nature really put the screws to us this winter. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

riverrat
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
On a side note, I heard on the radio that the power company set an all time record for power outages from a single storm. There were reports of 300+ trees down in each town. There is still many trees leaning on power lines, and roads still closed off. The local middle school will still be closed tomorrow, but the high school is open, due to utility problems.

99gsxr750
02-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Seems like it's been snowing all month. Got 12 inches on a Saturday, then 20 more a few days later, and another 10 or so this past Thursday into Friday. It probably would've been more, but during the day on Thurs. the temp was just above freezing, so the snow would melt as it hit the ground.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s23/99GSXR750/untitled.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s23/99GSXR750/Picture016-2.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s23/99GSXR750/Picture017-2.jpg

tomyt175
02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow, feel for you blokes over there. We have the complete opposite weather over here. At the moment it's 37 degrees (98.6 in your measure) been between 35 and 40 for the past 3 weeks, cant wait for winter to come round!

code200k
02-28-2010, 11:37 PM
john and riverrat across the river didn't get nothing compared to you guys dannng probably 10 inches total in hyde park schools been closed since wensday.friday we just got rain

JohnR.
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I noticed that on the radar on TV. We were getting snow and at the CT border it was rain. Be glad you didn't get hit with it like we did, my daughter had no school Wed, Thur, or Friday. We got a call from the school tonight and they have no power at the middle school so the elementary school is going to be closed as well tomorrow.