PDA

View Full Version : New Here,1983 ATC110 Problem

Jeddy31
02-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I joined this site because where the hell else would i talk about 3 wheelers! if theres one site on here that knows three wheelers, id imagine its here lol So my problem is my 1983 atc110 ran perfect for about 3 weeks since purchase. Then it started dirtying the plugs really black but if you changed it with a warmer used one or new one it works, but i have been using all the fouled plugs just rotating them and tossing in a brand new plug at times so i know its not killin them this has been happening for about a week. THEN! it wouldnt start!??! when i finally got it to start it would idle and aloooot more smoke was coming out and i couldnt touch the gas at all, when ever i gave it gas in neutral it would backfire and pop...then bog....then die. So we finally just kept letting it warm up and idle and i tried driving it in low gear. If i give it anymore than 15% throttle it bogs pops and dies...or if i put any load on it (say going up any hill) it bogs and dies as soon as i have to give it gas. SO did some research found out to clean the carb, so decided to do so. When we took the carb off i noticed a bit of gas in the tube leading to the air filter i didnt bother with it. I then cleaned the carb taking ever last bolt out EXCEPT the choke, i didnt play around with it. I scratched some markings and counted my turns of each screw, there is no holes in the float, there was some gunk, but nothing clogged, i put everything back together exactly. i reinstalled the carb, started maybe 6th pull, screwed with the idle and got it running GREAT it was running awesome then we let it stop for about 5 minutes, wouldnt start, changed the plug, it idled but wouldnt move again.....so went back to cleaning the carbs did everything i was suppose to do, and no luck again, drove around in low but not more then 15% throttle. so got tired of it then today i tried starting it and it wouldnt run. So i decided i was going to check out the "intake" situation and i noticed gas! so i took the tube off and found out that gas was spraying out below the choke (i think from the valve below the choke) it wasnt like a spray, more of a sputter. And that folks is why i joined lol does anyone have any ideas, i dont understand this :S lol thank you for checking it out guys, i appreciate any help possible.