PDA

View Full Version : Long time no post!

3WheelHouston
08-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey everyone, I haven't been able to log in in a good while because my laptop died and my parents computer wouldn't let me sign in. Well for some reason it did tonight, and I hope it will continue to in the future. Here's an update for those who know me.

Me and mine are all well, and my trikes are in much the same condition that they were when I last posted. I hope to change that soon, as I've actually got a real job, and maybe just get a new one. We'll see. But there is news in my life. I enlisted in the Navy about three months ago and I expect to ship off sometime early next year. My specialty (if all goes as planned) will be nuclear propulsion and I'll be stationed in Charleston, South Carolina for my first two years for school. I'm looking forward to that, and being closer to most of the trikers here. Maybe then I'll actually get a chance to go to Trikefest then, or at least meet some of you. Has anyone spoken to Mustang Chris or Trishee? Are there any new Houston/Southeast Texas trikers on the board? All and all, it's good to be back.

Howdy
08-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Welcome back. I was wondering what was up. I hope we can get together sometime and do some trails. It would be cool. ;)
Howdy

200x Basket
08-23-2003, 07:27 AM
i am also an ex navy nuke propulsion. i spent the 1st year in orlando in school and the next year in charleston, going to school. no matter what the recruiter told you that will be the hardest two years of your life. imagine going to school for 70-90 hours a week and two years later if you fail the final you are out of the program!!!! STRESSSSSSS

the navy school served me well. i done my six years and got out. i went to work as a shift supervisor at a combined cycle power plant. i more then tripled my income fromt he navy in the 1st year. so my advice is DO NOT re-enlist for the $45,000 bonus money. it is not worth it unless you just love being in the navy. if you have questions just PM me and i will send you my number.
later and congrats
chris

ATC crazy
08-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey Houston...glad to hear that you made it back. Good luck in the NAVY ;)