PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone... New member from NC, 200s & 185s

rapidsrider
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey, 3wheelerworld. :)
I'm a newbie at this site, and a newbie to the whole 3wheeler thing. I've got a 185s and a 200s, and I'm trying to get them both up & running. The 185s is almost finished... I'm excited about riding a 3 wheeler for the first time. Any advice, btw? People keep telling me I'm gonna kill myself. lol I've been told to just shove the thing in a ravine somewhere & forget about it... ;) Still gonna ride it. lol
So, any advice from people more experienced that me (which would be just about everyone) is welcomed.
First question... my 200s needs a rear axle. Is there any other 3 wheeler I could pirate an axle from for this, or does it need to be one just for the 200s?
Thanks for the site, and thanks for any help. :)

jbmatt
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Welcome fellow Carolinian. I love my 200s. Easy to work on and parts are available everywhere. Sorry I don't have an axle for you though.

2Tim215
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Threes are a lot of fun. Like anything else you learn as you go. Wear a helmet, be careful, and have fun. The search here works great for interchange etc. at the top right of your screen. But there are a lot of members here who will be able to answer your question. Its funny you just posted that you have a 185S and 200S. I just saw some Posted in NY Craigslist with a lot of extra parts. I'll include the link in case you want to travel or anyone else needs parts! Here it is,
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/1627060636.html

Again, welcome!!!

MonroeMike
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome to 3ww.

gsw902
03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I just bought the complete rear end for my 200s on ebay for 70.00 shipping included.
what is wrong with the axle you have?

rapidsrider
04-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the replies, & the nice welcome. 2Tim215, Thank you for the link... gsw902, someone had put an axle from a 110 or something on this thing. :)
I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to your replies... been really busy & crazy around here working on clearing some land, etc.
I found an axle on ebay for $56.00 including shipping... the threads on one end were messed up but I was able to re-thread it in my machining class. :) So I'm happy about that... Still looking for front & rear brake cables, handlebars, brake pads, & a coil.
I've got the 185 finished, and I've been riding the it like crazy! It's awesome...took it & rode the trails at Uwharrie today, and it was a blast. Everyone who saw it thought it was cool... wanted to talk about it, etc.
Thanks again for the nice welcome, and I look forward to learning more about 3 wheelers....