PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Stabilizer question?

tremulant3fr
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a friend who has had a car sitting in his driveway for about a year now. he asked me the other day if he never added fuel stabilizer if it would be too late now... im pretty sure it would be but honestly didnt know what to tell him?

Dirtcrasher
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I always use that stuff and I let it run long enough to get into the carb/EFI manifold/injectors ETC.

This ethanol seems to be a big issue for "un-sealed" systems. I also put crap in my backhoe for the diesel anti-gel which seems to work well.

Although a year passed, It can't hurt..... Right now my truck is off the road but I start it, warm it up and take a few laps on the track every once in awhile. Biggest thing with auto's (I find) is that the rotors rust and immediately ruin the pads. Plus with 9.99,19.99 and 49.99$ rotors out there, I imagine it's all different steel. I rarely get the "lifetime warranty" stuff because I know it's crap and they just hope you lose the receipt. I bet 75% of the people who buy those parts lose that receipt.............

With our trikes, if you don't ride them, just be prepared to take the carb apart and all the jets out and clean it all when you ready to enjoy it again :D

Northman
03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I work for a petro company and gas with additive good for 6 months if put in right away, you cannot add stabilizer to fuel that has sat for a year it will do nothing. I always reccomend SEA FOAM for storage.