PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Down Under

stinkitup
03-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi Everyone

Just joined up, will be joining the Honda ATC 185 club tomorrow. Picking up a 185ATC tomorrow, she's pretty rough, front wheel rooted, engine in bits and pieces but apparently new pistons and rebuild gear is in the shed so will check it out tomorrow too.

I'm in Australia, Newcastle area just north of Sydney do a bit of hunting as well so the honda will be great for that too.

Cheers
Ryan

tri again
03-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi Everyone

Just joined up, will be joining the Honda ATC 185 club tomorrow. Picking up a 185ATC tomorrow, she's pretty rough, front wheel rooted, engine in bits and pieces but apparently new pistons and rebuild gear is in the shed so will check it out tomorrow too.

I'm in Australia, Newcastle area just north of Sydney do a bit of hunting as well so the honda will be great for that too.

Cheers
Ryan

Welcome

I started with 90's and then got the 185 but my daughter jumped on that one and it's HERS now.

Get yours together and it will run forever (again)

just be careful, dont put your feet down and be careful dragging stuff like pallets or logs.

They can flip you over backwards if they hook on something

Parts seem to be everywhere and reasonable.
Very straightforeward and easy to comprehend.

Happy trails

stinkitup
03-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks DrJoe

I'll be taking it easy once she's running, but that will be some ways off, planning re-paint of frame and restore as much of the plastics etc I have found a place not far from here with alot of parts so should be good. Depending on what comes with it will look at putting in a cam, exhaust and carbie upgrades. But will see what is in the box.

Ryan

MonroeMike
03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the board.

ditchmud
03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the boards here. If you check out the last issue of Australian ATV Action magazine you can see some of our ugly mugs. That magazine has a trike section every issue!

stinkitup
03-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Well after getting thoroughly excitid and engrossed into the ATC world seems I'm not joining the club yet, the a$$hole sold it on me after saying I was def coming to get it :( I'm devastated 185's are hard to find here so anyway no joy this person yet!

Ryan

stinkitup
03-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Righto so after being stuffed around, I've found another ATC, a 110, what are these like? are they powerfull enough to still have some fun etc. I'm not a huge guy 5"10 75KG's. Are they big enough to trundle round with the kids but also capable on their own up trails and having fun at the beach?
Ryan

ditchmud
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
They are all fun and you gotta start somewhere. Plenty of guys tooling around on 110s. Of course it won't satisfy your apetite for power and speed but loads of fun anyways!

stinkitup
03-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Well I won a 110 on ebay today yay! Anyway this ones together still runs etc and they have ring kit and head gasket for her too so thats a start..

Aparently has a bent front fork anyone fixed that before? or is it a matter of replacing it? will have to check it out when its here.

Cheers
Ryan