PDA

View Full Version : Registration

BOOMHOWER
03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Ok i dont know if anyone else ever ran into this situation but here it goes. Im in new brunswick canada.
I bought my trike in 06 trailprotrailpro i went to afghanistan. came back in 2007 and just rode it without registering it. got caught riding it in 2008 and never was given registration when i bought it so i was never able to register it. ive got insurance on it now but still cant get it registered. any ideas?

Thorpe
03-09-2010, 01:13 AM
In MN, when our trikes hit 25 years old, no registration needed anymore... Call your dept of motor vehicles or DNR and ask the question... Cant hurt, can it?

2Tim215
03-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Its hard for us in the states to advise you on your countries regulations but there are some members here from Canada. I would suggest going to your local Motor Vehicle department and finding out what they require. Here in NY state all ATV's must be registered even if only used on your own property. Insurance is required here only if you ride off of your property. NY state has a DMV website where you can download forms, read publications etc. Maybe you could do a search to see if there is a website for your DMV? Our trikes here are considered a non-titled vehicle and only need a registration that is transferable. Welcome to the Forum!

Gearheadtom
03-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Where exactly were you when you got caught? I live in NB to (in Fredericton) and I've been wondering where you actualy need registration and insurance to ride. I've never came across a provincial trail or anything.

ilmoakw
03-09-2010, 05:10 PM
In theory the RCMP can snag you anywhere and any time. They are trailpros like that. As far as getting a registration, take your serial number to the motor vehicle office along with a reciept for purchase. If you don't have one get a buddy to write one up. Ask for a manager or supervisor as the counter agents aren't too bright.They will run the serial to make sure it's not stolen and try to contact the previous registered owner. I have done this several times. Cost is around $50.00 plus the fee to register it for a year. It may take a few days but as long as it isn't stolen it can be done. Hope this helps...