PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Northern IA

Schlauncha
03-10-2010, 03:25 AM
I've been on 3wheeler.org for about a year, finally decided to join this site and see what all is going on over here. I mostly ride on gravel roads out by my place, or use the trikes as workhorses for towing brush or a utility trailer around the yard. A new job prospect should soon give me disposable income again, so upgrading or adding to my collection of trikes this spring, is pretty likely. I'm a machinist by trade, just finishing another degree to be a toolmaker, and in a few days should get a job as an engineer's apprentice in a tool shop. By summation of my experiences, skills, and the machines in my shop (or shops I have access to) I can pretty much design/build anything I want, within the limits of my time and materials. I have helped with some rapid prototyping on a few 3wheeler items, such as creating the .dxf files for cutting 250r case savers with a hydrojet. My work though is done as a hobby, so don't take this as an open offer of machinework-for-hire; my schooling and upcoming career take high priority right now. I have a lead on an e-start ATC, possibly a 185es, that is beat up but halfway runs, so I might be able to pick that up for a project.

Here are pics of the two trikes I have right now, and a pic of myself (the only one I have right now, I just don't take pics of myself often, not narcissistic enough I guess)

MonroeMike
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the 3 Wheeler World.

Schlauncha
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out the layout of this site, it definitely is more bandwidth intensive than other forums (I'm on dial-up). Mostly interested in ATC70 stuff.