PDA

View Full Version : Custom Trucks

TrikeKid
08-25-2003, 12:53 AM
I want a custom truck for my high school ride and i was wondering how this air bag suspension everyone likes so much acctually rides goin down the road? any one got pics of 61-66 ford pickups more specifically rear shots of step sides i want a step side but i need a pic to get ideas for the rear of the bed. i already have ideas for suspension and running gear(anyone got a Town Car with disk brakes?) Whats a good 4 speed to put behind an sb Ford?

badtriz
08-25-2003, 01:47 AM
ive got a bagged and body dropped ext. chevy longbed phantom dually. airbags ride incredibly smooth.better than factory and you can also carry alot more if you want. the best way to really get a good look at that old of a truck you can just do a search. here are some websites that you can go to: streetsourcemag.com, layinbody.com,ekstensivemetalworks.com

badtriz
08-25-2003, 01:49 AM
its got 16 inches of drop

Dan Tenn
08-25-2003, 10:12 AM
http://www.classictrucksweb.com/

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/

http://www.bobsf100.com/

Ace Mon
08-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Out here in Cali that is a big thing . But I think bad triz' ride is the only one I have ever seen with the Tire sticking up through the wheelwell .

ATC crazy
08-25-2003, 05:56 PM
In my opinion a lowered truck is a waste of a truck...but to each his own. Lifted trucks are a + though.

BTW: I love the spray-painted Z71 on the fender :D

soon2becomeaowner
08-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Lowered trucks?? Come on you cant even go over a speed bump! it's a waste. You wanna take your atc to an ohv area. your'e going to drive your "truck" in there? Yeah rite you'll be hitting rocks an everything. Dont lower trucks. RAISE THEM UP ! "That's the Way To gO!"

Think hard about it when you lower a truck. When you lower a truck, your camber is going to be very bad. You are you going to go thru probably 2-3 sets of tires a year! Your tires re gonna wear out very weird. Specially on the sidewalls. When your'e in a truck you should be a little safer because your'e higher than most other trucks. If you lower a truck, you get in a car accident. Your'e gonna get your ass runed over if you get hit by an truck.

For example, this happened to me on the way to school. i was in a car accident. I was in a 82 Fullsize 4x4 Jimmy. with an 2 1/2 raise 33's. going thru a 4 way intersection. i didnt have an stop sign . A 90's explorer ran the stop sign. i T boned him. Dented her door bad, broke window, broken mirror. the damage to my truck was dent on the hood small 2 inch. No broken lights. ... We were higher! I had an bush guard too. Good thing i wasn't in my lowered integra!

TeCaTe_MaN
08-25-2003, 07:47 PM
me and my mom were in vegas and we were pulling out into traffic from the curb....and this 4x4 jacked up all high, and for some reason driving around in 4 wheel drive, drove right over the hood of our car, up the side fender in the front and right back off the front of the hood :shock: it was wierd...

mike from long island
08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
it is not air bags but ill crash this truck into anything to prove a point!!!!! :twisted:

mike from long island
08-25-2003, 09:11 PM
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ATC crazy
08-25-2003, 09:13 PM
My mom and dad were coming back from dinner one night in our new Windstar, and a Jeep Cherokee ran a stop sign. My parents T-boned the Jeep and since the nose dives about 5" while braking, the nerf bars on the Jeep were the same height as the hood on our van. Thanks to plastic, only a few scratches in the front except for the hood. Insurance replaced the whole front end so we's all good ;)

soon2becomeaowner
08-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Mike from long island. You got an nice truck. I was just wondering it looks like the rear of your truck is higher than front of your truck?Did you lift up your truck wrong?

FullBore
08-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Mikes Truck doesn't look any higher at the back to me.
All this talk of lifting, I must get a lift on my little truck, not that it needs it so much, I think some 28" mud tyres are next on the list. Even though it does quite well on road tyres!

Nat

FullBore
08-26-2003, 11:44 AM
More

TrikeKid
08-30-2003, 06:08 PM
ok to the guys who think lowering a truck is a waste: ever heard of airbags? flip the switch and you got full hight. Lifting a street truck is not only dorky its stupid because you wasted all that money and it wont even see any trails lower a street truck and it will look cool and be functional.

Fullbore get big lift and tires for off road :-D

200xer
09-01-2003, 10:42 PM
get out of the 80s and raised up trucks :-D

200x Basket
09-02-2003, 12:11 AM
its got 16 inches of drop

looks like the trailer chunked the trash out.