PDA

View Full Version : My first wreck

Mrs.Eric250R
03-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Eric and his friends finally took a break from racing 70s, I decided I'd race my fourwheeler .... the bank with the tree and the ditch won....:lol: At least I wasn't on my 3 wheeler for my first wreck, I would have cried if Marilyn ( my 200X ) got hurt. Is it just me or the older you get the more it hurts?

Dammit!
03-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Those four wheeled things are dangerous...

And yes it does hurt more the older you get. :(

leviblue
03-18-2010, 11:55 PM
As I get older ,40 now, It seems to hurt later that day. I seem to find myself wearing catchers shin gaurds when riding in heavily wooded areas. Trees tend to hurt and I've got sticks for legs.

portland250r
03-19-2010, 12:02 AM
hell if you hurt yourself bad enough you dont even feel it!

Thorpe
03-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Rectum? Damn near killed 'em! Been there, got that bruise before! Looks good!

MonroeMike
03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Ouch.

I think it hurts more as you get older and takes longer to recover.

Side Wayz
03-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I tell you, those damn 4 wheeeled bikes, more machine to have to work with. Oh well 10 year ban.

muddog
03-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I tell you, those damn 4 wheeeled bikes, more machine to have to work with. Oh well 10 year ban.

LOL:twisted::twisted:shens:banned::postwhore

three_wheelin45
03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
That sucks. I remember my first wreck it was terrible... after 8 years and 36 stiches later i learned not to put my feet down on the ground. cause the back tire will suck u under. (peg ripped my stomach open)

Mr_RPM
03-19-2010, 07:09 PM
hell if you hurt yourself bad enough you dont even feel it!

true, for the moment. then the next day its HORRIBLE!!! lol broke my back. then had surgery on it 3 days later.

Eric250R
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Never done the pulled under thing.....however, I was riding a 250X back in the day, had my friend on back, and yep, his foot got caught under the wheel and sucked him under. He wasn't seriously hurt, but he did hae a tire track all the way up his body going right beside his head....sucked at the time, but damn, it's pretty funny now..:lol:

Eric250R
03-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh and by the way, this picture does not do it justice. It was taken the next day....that was almost 2 weeks ago and it still looks soooo much worse now than it did. Her whole lower leg is purple and yellow.

posty2100
03-19-2010, 11:41 PM
this is what my 200x did to me in the fall, I got my foot caught in the tire and did a complete roll flipping all the way over on me cuz my foot was caught. I got a pair of old shoes and cut the whole back out of them because I had to wear them for a month while this healed. lol

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/posty2100/090809_1551a1.jpg
this is why you need brakes lol

Rm250RF900R
03-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Last summer i was riding my rm250, my "friend" the same day put stupid bark busters on it half assed. so i go to do a wheelie and the throttle stuck wide open. Well me and the bike went flying, throttle pinned in 2nd, my finger decides to go right into the back tire. Ripped my nail off and the tip of my finger off. I finally ripped the nail off after about a week, it was bad, most disgusting thing ive ever seen, other than the burn on my leg from the same bike. Im surprised they didnt amputate my finger, it was horrible. The burn on my leg i ignored, I went to work and walked around for maybe 3 hours and my foot was the size of a over flated balloon. I had the beginning of blood poisoning, so they shot me up with morphine and i took 2 perks and they took a 7 blade i think it was and cut it down into my skin then took a wire brush and scrubbed the helllllooo out of it. So yeah, injuries are cool. Good stories to tell the kids.

three_wheelin45
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Yea and wrecks make us better riders, Cause we have first hand experiance of what will and can happen.(we also now the pain :))

Xpress
03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Ouuch!! Well, at least our heads are safe (mostly).. :)

Mrs.Eric250R
03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
yeah what was i thinking!!! Those damn four wheelers ...lol

200xman
03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your wreck. The really ugly part is when the clotted blood from the bruise starts breaking up and falling down to you ankles. You'll heal up soon enough but not as quick as when you were 18. Getting old sux!

gripnrip
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Ouch!
Sorry it took me so long to find this site but better late then never. lol
I’ve learned over the years “mostly the hard way” to wear as much safety gear as I can afford.
Back in the early 80’s I got sucked under the wheel of my Honda 250sx but it almost split me into. Imagine having your foot sucked under the wheel all the way up to your thy but the other leg is hooked over the seat and is keeping you from being sucked all the way through. Sliding to a stop in this possession from 40-50 mph and then trying to figure out how to free myself from this nasty predicament while in tremendous pain was not fun what so ever. I still have hip problems some 30 years later.

If it ain’t got nerfs on it I ain’t ridin it!

Take care and get well soon

Dennis

posty2100
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=gripnrip;852163]
I’ve learned over the years “mostly the hard way” to wear as much safety gear as I can afford.

Yeah I learn the hard way too. I took my 200s up in the field thinkin "ohh im just gonna mess around and wont need a helmet". Well I was going 5th gear wide open through the field and hit a little ditch about one foot deep and was sitting down and hit it and like bounced because of no suspension and rolled it end over end the long way with it almost landing on me. Well after I did that and knocked myself out lol I was like ya I need to wear a brain bucket all the time.

Dirtcrasher
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I wake up in ALLOT of pain after a good rip.......

I'm sure part of that was the violent wrecks I had when I was younger, but it sure hurts more now and takes longer to heal.

Yep, getting old suks!

oldskool83
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
my 1st wreck i ripped both my palms off...try not doing anything for 2 weeks til i scabs over.

might as well just start wearing a leather sportbike suit do help with no getting hurt!

Thorpe
03-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I am a firm believer in helmets... Lesson learned not in the dirt, but on the street... Was heading up north for a weekend on the bike, and caught a sparrow in the helmet at 80mph... Was like getting hit by a baseball... Crap and feathers and guts all over my helmet... Had to pull off and check my shorts after that one! Safety gear is a very good idea...