PDA

View Full Version : Story of my life

Kook
08-26-2003, 09:17 AM
So here I am, having a GREAT time on my first real trail riding adventure since buying my 84 200M and my buddy and I are riding these trails he has made through some woods. Now mind you, he rides a quad, so the trails are kind of tough for me anyway since there are only two tracks, but I'm holding my own. I start down this incline and see that there is a pretty sharp turn at the bottom, so I hit the front brake (my rear doesn't work) and the brake lever bracket breaks. Fortunately there was a "path" through the trees that didn't cause me to split my head open, but I now have no brakes. We drive back to the shed and I think, Hey! I have another bracket on the left side, the rear brakes don't work anyway, so in less than 5 minutes I'm up and running again (& fairly proud of myself to boot). First trip through the trails I catch my left rear tire on a tree, it runs up it and dumps me on my side. You guessed it, broke my OTHER bracket! Now I have no brakes and no way to fix them. We spent about 20 minutes trying to get the rears to work and just gave up. Day wasn't lost though, next minute I find myself of my buddy's 2003 Polaris Sportsman 700 bustin' the trails again. What a blast! That, my friends, is the story of my life!

BTW, anybody got any spare brackets? I couldn't believe how much they cost to replace!

*Edit* Sorry, I think now that I should have put this in the open forum.

jeswinehart
08-29-2003, 06:15 PM
hey Kook ( what a name ! ),,,
tell me about the brackets you need. do you have reverse on the left handlebar area,,, or how's the levers ,,, broken also ???

e-mail me @ jeswinehart@hotmail.com and i'll reply with a couple of pics of what i have.
lets say 5 dollars for the brackets, levers add another 5 dollars.

thanks,,,, john