PDA

View Full Version : St. Anthony, ID sand dunes

MT350X
10-08-2002, 02:09 PM
will be 4 or 5 of us from Montana going down Oct. 18, 19, and 20. We have both 3 wheelers and golf carts..... any one else in the area is welcome to show up.

boneidaho
10-08-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm still planning on being there the 19th . Will probably be in the afternoon though.The weather cooled off here a week ago Sunday. Bring yer longjons. I'll have you a map of "The Overland Route" for you ride your trikes home on Sunday. :D Layne

sandtowd
10-11-2002, 03:59 AM
anyone ever ride into yellowstone in the winter. i havn,t been there in over 20yrs. do they still let you do that?

MT350X
10-11-2002, 02:11 PM
You can still ride into yellowstone in the winter. But I have found that the trails around the outside of the park are way better sled ridding. Also Boneidaho knows of a trail that you can ride from Ashton Idaho to the park. Hope to check it out on the 20th of October.

boneidaho
10-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Yes, you can still ride in Yellowstone. National Park service working on a plan to be rid of 2 stroke sled's in National Park's Nation wide sometime in near future, and only 4 stroke sled's that are environmentaly friendly for Forest Faries will be allowed, or tour's through the park by snow coach. Ruling for future of riding sled's in Park's will be announced next month by National Park Service. I hope they Grandfather sled's made as of now, and future sled's will probably be 4 stroke. Clinton administration ruined it as he was leaving office, only to be put back on the table for evaluation by Bush administration. So thank's to Bush, we are not locked out due to a screwin by Clinton. I rode through last December 22-2001. It was great. 3 and 4 wheeler's never have been allowed though. I am riding through again this December, or January. MT350X is right, I have a excellent map of the surrounding area for snowmobiles, and 3, and 4 wheeler's. Hundred's of miles to ride. Sandtown, where are you from ?

MT350X
10-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Layne..... what are the weather forecast for the weekend?? We will be there either way but hoping for some nice weather..... NO SNOW!! :twisted: Be four of us coming down for sure. Idon't know for sure what everyone else will be driving but they'll be Montana tags. I have a green Dodge extended cap and pull a small trailer with two trikes on it. Hope to see ya saturday!!

boneidaho
10-16-2002, 01:49 PM
:clap O.K.- Here is the weather forcast. Thursday night:Clear..Lows in the mid 20s. Friday:Sunny...Highs in the lower 60s. Friday night:Clear...Lows in the mid 20s. Saturday: Partly cloudy..Highs in the lower 60s. Saturday night: Clear...Lows in the 20s. Sunday: Clear... Lows in the lower 20s, and highs in the upper 50s. I typed this word for word from the National Weather Service. So you are going to be at the Egin Lake access ? I'm still planning on being there. Layne :D

MT350X
10-16-2002, 02:08 PM
We will be at the egin lake access. I guess the camp ground is closed there but everyone is parking out by the main road. so that's what we will do too. The weather sounds like it will be decent too!! My brother and I were down there over the 4 of July and I about cooked out there. Should be a fun weekend anyway. Later, Donavon