PDA

View Full Version : to trade my 85 250sx for a 1970 international 1 ton 4x4 pickup?

cattle-dog
03-22-2010, 06:43 PM
well i was offered a Ih 1 ton 4x4 even trade for my 85 sx i have always wanted a ih 4x4 pickup and this one is spotless never seen a winter 345 v8 4spd. 33 in tires a ih truck is a awsome pickup and would look great with my 250r in the back, but my sx is a great wheeler and is a blast, this is a tough one. i am going to get one of the atctim trike conversions in the fall for next winter as my next wheeler so would only be without a all around trail bike for the summer. what do you guys think?

plastikosmd
03-22-2010, 09:33 PM
for me, get the truck, IH one ton would be sweet

Dirtcrasher
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
An international 1 ton is basically indestructible........ Check out the body, if the mounts are good then the rest is just forming and light gauge cold rolled metal.............

Hows the SX (No, not with the wife.....) but with the trike??????????

cattle-dog
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
this international has no rust not even the slightest seam or surface rust has been garage parked its entire life, i have had internationals in the past scouts and big loadstar 1700s so i know about the rust issues most of them have. even the door seals are mint. doors close like new the 33x16.5 tires are new 0 miles new clutch 0 miles.

Thorpe
03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Another SX would be easier to come across than another clean old corn binder...

Escanabajosh
03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
sounds like the truck is worth more then then the bike, i'd do the trade and look for another wheeler. you got any pics of them?

cattle-dog
03-23-2010, 01:16 PM
my sx is fully restored and had about 3 months riding and i ride atleast 20 days amonth. nos engine/fully powdercoated/new plastics/new seat/two sets of tires and 3 factory origonal tires . i am going tonight to spend a couple hours going over the binder the only thing it need is paint it is primed and ready. i will get pics of the international, my father thinks i am nuts because my honda is nice and a reliable trike never has a issue. if you have ever had a ih they are costly to repair and hard to get parts for but how diffrent would it be to be cruisin in a 1 ton 4x4 lifted binder with a honda trike in the back !!! that scores a solid 100 points in my book i have built many lifted trucks chevys ,fords, a ih is the best of them all. but i love my sx so its a hard one to decide.

cox
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I wouldnt even have think about that one. IH all the way, the truck if its in that good of shape is rarer than the trike. Plus its FAR FAR cooler of a ride. How many miles and is it the original motor? Wish i could find one, got a pic of it? what color?

cattle-dog
03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
the binder has 60,000 miles, origonal motor 345 4 barrel. soft plugs are all new, new heavy duty clutch., carb was rebuilt, i dont know what the factory color yet as it was stripped and primed i will grab the paint code, they didnt pull the glass but i will if i get it so it will be painted correctly, i will paint it myself, see old trucks or cars are me we fit together like a glove i love the rough solid ride you get when driving them, there is nothing like a solid front axle truck, todays trucks ride like a car and just dont feel right to me. i do not buy new cars or newer cars, my current truck is a 85 ford3/4 ton 4x4 6.9 diesal 4spd, i would drive it any distance, very solid truck. i refuse to buy new and pay $500 a month when for $800 total which is what i paid for the ford i have had reliable transportation for 2 years almost trouble free had to replace the batteries. and actually the 6.9 is a international engine. but the international would last me the rest of my life. i could picture driveing it forever sorry guys but my first love is old cars and trucks then my wheelers.