PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sellers think their junk is gold?

cybrman
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Was browsing ebay tonight and I come across this 250es headlight for $275.
Didn't look worth $40. Granted it had all the pieces and included wiring and the front rack.
On top of that the shipping was $60+(don't recall exactly).
The ad read like it was almost NOS lol, and included the very definition of caveat emptor (buyer beware) alarms throughout lol...
Took a look at the rest of the items and about 50% are just ridiculous.
Emailed the guy to call him out a bit, though I didn't attack him personally simply stated that I felt he was a little off with his pricing, needless to say he went off the deep end with his response.
What the hell is wrong with people?!! I guess if people are dumb enough to buy this crap for crazy $ then they bear the majority of the responsibility. But what the heck ever happend to integrity and honest business practices!
Sorry just had to vent..
By the way the seller is kandacelyn1p17....check out some of their parts and see for yourself.
Bunch of em went off tonight but I'm sure they'll be relisted.

ATCeeya
03-26-2010, 02:08 AM
i see it all the time. i saw a front fender cracked in half the other day with a rediculous buy it now price. I mean it was a half a fender. Other half was probably left in the fields somewhere. Im more suprised they would even list it forsale. Id toss that in the garbage. I suppose there is a buyer out there for everything and they hope to make out big on stuff. Some of us are just more realistic.

SeaBass8
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
When I search "200x" there are just shy of 1400 parts listed. Used to be a couple of years ago around 300-400. Supply is way up and demand is way down. If sellers want to sell they will need to adjust there pricing accordingly.

mopar_man
03-26-2010, 09:42 AM
What I like to do if I find something I want or need that's ridiculously high is I put it on my watch list and not bid. The seller knows there's at least one person interested. I'm a patient person so I keep watching the item every time they relist it. Some people get the hint and lower their price when nobody bids or buys. Other people are just rock heads and will keep wasting eBay fees as they relist it for the same price over and over again. If they don't relist it, I e-mail an offer of what I think is a reasonable price. 90% of the time they don't reply so I guess they'd rather sit on it than sell it.

honda200x1987
03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
You are right guy's, It is amazing what people list on ebay sometimes.

RacerRichie
03-26-2010, 10:46 AM
selling fees on EBAY are not cheap either but not an excuse to render stupid prices.

jeopardy98
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I used to sell on ebay a lot then the costs got insane. I sold something for $45 the other day and it cost me $16.37 to ebay and another $10 to ship it so I made about $19 and then you subtract paypal fees I made about $17 in the end. It just isn't worth it to sellers anymore but it is about the only way to reach a large market at once.

pipeline triker
03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I tried to get a seller last year to come down on a buy it now price on a DG pipe for my 86 200x. He was asking more for it plus shipping than I could go and order it new myself. The pipe is still being relisted and has the same wrong pic as it did a year ago. plus the guy got mad at me for giving him a link to see how much it is to just go and buy it from parts unlimited.

honda200x1987
03-26-2010, 09:14 PM
There is a little trick that most people don't know about eBay.. You can sell your ATC/ATV in the free classifides there for free. no fees at all but it's like a 300 mile radius or so.

TheRealFatShady
03-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Free classifieds? More info?

And yea eBay is crazy. Monthly seller fees? I owed more in 'fees' then I made, it seems. eBay has become insane.

atc350xer
03-27-2010, 06:30 AM
I agree... pretty exciting to see what kind of $ your items got, til you get the bill :(