PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LT80
03-27-2010, 01:11 PM
If anyone has any LT80 questions, I'd be happy to try and help. :)

smokinwrench
03-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure many will have questions. I have sold both of ours and went to bigger machines.

MonroeMike
03-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Welcome LT80, glad you decided to sign up here.

dcreel
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
And LT80.. I am new to these things. I have rebuilt the intake side after I bought it. New Boyesen reeds, new intake block, rebuilt carb, new air filter and air box elbow (old one was cracked with silicone). I traded a 01 XR50R for it that I paid $200 for. I think I got a great deal. The petcock is fubar'd, but the PO put an inline shut off on it. I read that a banshee petcock is a bolt on, true? The auto luber has been blocked off. Running super M at 32:1 with 91 octane. With the 6" added width the front end is now super soft. The daughter rolled it at stock width. Her fault standing and a hard right turn. We are trying to get her comfortable again. She has full gear with a chest protector and alpinestars neckroll. We widened it to lessen the chance of a rollover, and explained why it happened and how to make it not happen again. Sounds like an 80cc dirtbike with the pipe on it.

What kind of oil to use for the bottom end? How well do the pull starters work? They are pricy but it would be nice to get out of the dunes if the battery goes dead? How hard is it to add a light? Oh, it's an 87. Supposed to have a new top end. But after looking at the silicone'd intake elbow i doubt it. It does pull good though. Where are the choke down devices they use for new riders? 1 in the intake and 1 in the exhaust? I think they have been removed but I need to check to be sure.

LT80, thanks for any info you can give..

LT80
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi, I think you got a great deal.
Bottom end? You mean the gearbox prolly. I use 10-40 motor oil unless flat tracking. Then I use ATF.
The pull starters work great. They should have come with them IMO.
Light: I think Ricky Stator and ATVRacing1.com sell light kits. Some say LED lights from the autozone works ok and you don't need a biggger output stator.
The restrictors are::
A big washer between the pipe and cyl flange.
A brass ring above the carb slide restricting the carb slide travel.
Petcock:Yes, Banshee/LT250R/LT160 I hear they all work (the tubes are bigger). Altho,, You might as well use what you have. I highly recommend the on/off valve you already have to all. We've debated for hours over hydraulic weight/petcock malfuntion/float/float needle is why, but the fix is the valve. Then if if the motor fills w/fuel, it's your fault for not shutting it off. :D LOL

Hope that helps. :)
Ask anything anytime.... (altho the electric stuff isn't my specialty) :)