PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist really brings out the bottom-feeding retards *Rant on*

mopar_man
03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Yesterday I was browsing the ads within ~350 miles of me and found this ad (http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/1665872817.html). It says make an offer on the Honda so for the hell of it, I do that. He e-mails me back and we correspond a little bit. We agree on a price and I tell him I'll be there around 2-3 today since it's about a 7 hour drive one way (I know, but even with the price of gas it would be a reasonably-priced project). The last e-mail I sent last night was inquiring about his address. I didn't get a reply but it was late. I hit the road early this morning without a reply from him and about 3 hours into the drive, I call him to let him know I'm on my way and that I need his address. He informs me on the phone that he's 2.5 hours away from home and has no idea when he'll be back. Mid-conversation, he also decides that he suddenly doesn't want to sell it. Deepa If someone in the area wants to buy that and sell it to me for what I was going to pay for it ($110), I'd gladly buy it off you for that but only if you hit the douchebag over the head with a tire iron before leaving his property. F*cking people.

moreschi88
03-30-2010, 05:41 PM
That's ridiculous. Craigslist brings out all the idiots. Dependability is in short-supply.

mopar_man
03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Just because I'm in a sh*tty mood:
Brent Anderson
brentanderson@live.com
231-225-1530 and possibly 616-250-1254
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was him: http://www.myspace.com/283828059 He had an attitude on the phone of someone about that age who doesn't care about anybody but himself.

atc350xer
03-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Just because I'm in a sh*tty mood:

lol... I feel your pain... going through a similar situation right now... no offense to the ones whose heads are on straight, but young kids are f*cking idiots these days

cattle-dog
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
i reply to alot of craigslistst ads looking for trikes and only hear back from 40% then out of that 30% want new prices, then out of the 10% 5% is garbage and many times i drive hundreds of miles to find that out.
the last 5% is good. not good odds sometimes i make little to nothing parting or fixing them so they run. but its the love of trikes and the people who own them that make the craigslist jokers worth while.Cattle-Dog

86trizinger
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I have had good luck with craigslist. I just got a 84 atc 70 without an engine for $30.. Thought I was gonna have to do all new bearing but everything has already been replaced. The kid took out the engine because the Honda dealer told him you can no longer get brake shoes for it.

greenhuman
03-30-2010, 08:51 PM
A couple of weeks ago I see a 250R for a good price on CL and phone the guy. All's good. I arrange to have it shipped to the wharves for shipping to Australia and arrange the shipper to pay for the trike when the guy drops it off.
I make one more call to the seller to confirm everything and he then tells me it was a misprint and the price it really triple the ad price but he is willing to take double the ad price instead! Thing is he ran the ad twice with the same "misprint".
Not happy, Jan.

greenhuman
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
But then I had an incident with The Recycler years ago. We were on the way to our Motel after the 14 hour flight and I bought the Recycler and there was a 125M for $25 . I call him and got his address but he said someone called earlier and he has first crack but I can call in and have a look.
I get there and this thing is a beauty. I say I will take it and he said his Daddy taught him to have principles. He said this other guy was going to have dibs on it as he called first. His wife said this guy is here now, sell it to him. NO! he says, its just not right! I have principles! he says. I says I will give you $40. SOLD!! he says.
I got the trike for $25 and his Principles for $15.

daniel_250r
03-30-2010, 09:03 PM
you should have just gone to his house and taken it i would have

puggerton03
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
ya, just yesterday i drove about an hour and a half one-way because this guy emails me saying he has a 250r thats been sitting outside a couple of years for $150. talk to him on the phone, he says, yup its a 2 stroke and its all there. he doesnt know what year it was. i get there and its a 1983 185s thats beat to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with a seized motor. needless to say i wasnt very happy.

3wheelmecca
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Dang, that sucks. For me, I am young (under 20) and I provide plenty if not more details from the minute I got it to the present. Too may people generalize things on CL and have competitions. I try to be descriptive.
This is one of my posts.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/1666143589.html
Its actually for sale as of right now, and has been gone through axle to axle.

mopar_man
03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
you should have just gone to his house and taken it i would have

If I knew where he lived, I would've gone over and had a chat with him.

I also see he took down his ad. I guess he didn't want to sell his snowmobile or lawn mower either. Or maybe they weren't his to sell and daddy found out.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
This is one of my posts.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/1666143589.html
Its actually for sale as of right now, and has been gone through axle to axle.
man if you were closer to me I would buy that in a heartbeat.

rdlsz24
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Yesterday I was browsing the ads within ~350 miles of me and found this ad (http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/1665872817.html). It says make an offer on the Honda so for the hell of it, I do that. He e-mails me back and we correspond a little bit. We agree on a price and I tell him I'll be there around 2-3 today since it's about a 7 hour drive one way (I know, but even with the price of gas it would be a reasonably-priced project). The last e-mail I sent last night was inquiring about his address. I didn't get a reply but it was late. I hit the road early this morning without a reply from him and about 3 hours into the drive, I call him to let him know I'm on my way and that I need his address. He informs me on the phone that he's 2.5 hours away from home and has no idea when he'll be back.

Did he ever say yeah come on over around 2-3, and that he would be there? I don't think I would have hit the road without knowing his address.

Rob

WisconsinJohn
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Ya know if it isn't bad info it's this...Hi I'm calling about the 200x frame you posted last week? "No I sold it already"...Why not delete the post ya tard! Hey Moparman thanks for the fast shipping on those fork extensions by the way!

mopar_man
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Did he ever say yeah come on over around 2-3, and that he would be there? I don't think I would have hit the road without knowing his address.

Rob

Yep. I wouldn't have left otherwise. I only left without an address because it was late when we last communicated and it was early when I left. I didn't want to call early and wake him.

Hey Moparman thanks for the fast shipping on those fork extensions by the way!

No problem.

Northman
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Scares me now, like last week when I drove out to get the mint like new 250 es with snow plow and cover the guys sells it late the night before and I arrive at his house when we agreed. I just called a guy 10 min ago to buy a mint 1969 honda Z50 same I had when I was a kid and it was stolen, Im worried I should drive over there and give me check but he has to dig it out of his shed in the morning so I would be buying it sight unseen???what to do

saladboy
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Why would you drive 3 hours if you didnt know where he lived?How would you even know what direction to start driving?I'm just saying.However i do feel your pain.

86trizinger
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I have good luck on craigslist again. Got a set of almost brand new MAXIS tires on itp rims.. PLus a Kymco 150 atv for free within the past few weeks. I even picked up a trailer for free as well.

Deathrocket
05-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I live on craigslist... witnessed some of the goofiest crap happen. there are a TON of flakes on there. I think It has something to do with the fact its free. that's why I will only deal locally on CL is because of stuff like that. perfect examples had a 75 dodge 200 power wagon. blew up the rear dana 60. found one guy in tucson with one for $100 told hime it was going to be a couple of days till I could come pick it up. the night before I call to make sure he didn't sell it and right after I tell him its me he hangs up on me and wont answer the phone anymore? Did I just become his girlfriend in which hes deciding to cheat on me? lol that one was the weirdest. then i had my jag wich I eventually traded for this 250r. 2 times got stiffed on that one. guys calling me like every 2 days making sure I still have it. then the day hes supposed to show up nothing. called him twice.. no call back. then there was the kid who wanted to trade me a 02 or so KTM 250 needing a CDI box. he comes. takes the jag for a drive. likes it. says he needs to think about it. 2 weeks go by with no contact so i figure he doesn't want the car.. ohwell.. so finally i trade the jaguar off for the honda and like a week later (mind ya this is a month later) guy calls and says he wants to do the deal. lol.