PDA

View Full Version : Quad race in Leesville La.

gripnrip
04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey all
I just wanted to let you know that the S.O.R.P southern off Road Racing Ass. Is having a race for quads and utv’s and act’s next weekend at Leesville Louisiana on April 10-11.
We are a quad oriented org. but we are interested in getting some act’s involved as well.

From the S.O.R.P web site.
Since this is the first time anyone has visited this track, I asked Rick to give me a little insight to his track.

I would like to start off saying that I feel honored to be taking the S.O.R.P. organization to this track because the owner has never allowed quads on his main track before. We will be the first group to "break it in" so to speak.

It is a regulation track with a minimum width of 20 feet. It consists of mostly tabletop jumps with sandy loam dirt. Some areas of the track have hard packed dirt. The entire length of the track is 3.2 miles long with big bowl turns. Depending on the weather, we may or may not use the whole track. Rick has been to the Splendora Track several times and he told me that if the quads can handle the triple step up at Splendora, then they will have no problems anywhere on his track. He also has 40 starting gates that are nitrogen operated.

Rick promises that you will have a perfectly groomed track to practice and race on and if he sees anything that looks to dangerous or too difficult for the quads to handle, then he will remove it from the track, or cut it out of the track. He is very safety oriented and wants everyone, young and old, to have a great race and a good time.

We have known Rick for several years and we really trust his judgment that he will produce a very safe and fun track for us to ride on. We hope that everyone will try real hard to make it!

To get directions to Leesville, mapquest 1597 Pitkin Road, Leesville, LA 71446. The website address is: leesvillemotorsportspark.com. It will take approx. 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get there. There are no electrical hook ups at leesville, so you will need to bring a generator if you plan on camping. They also have several hotels in Leesville so if you need a hotel, you will need to make reservations!

They do have a concession stand and a parts shop at the track. Whether the parts shop stocks parts for quads - I cannot say.

The schedule for Leesville is as follows:
Friday - 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m. Camping only - $15.00 per night

Saturday -
Gate Hours will be from 7:00 a.m. - midnight
Riders meeting: 8:00 a.m.
Organized Practice: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tech Inspection: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Monthly Activity: 6:30 p.m.
Early registration: 1:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.

Sunday:
Gates open: 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tech Inspection: 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Rider Meeting/Opening Ceremony: 8:30 a.m.
Practice: 9:00 a.m. (each class will get 3 laps each)
Racing will begin @ 10:00 a.m.
Awards Ceremony will immediately follow race.

Don't forget that this is the last race that you can become a member of SORP at. You are not required to become a member, but if you want to qualify for the series points, discounted entry fee's, and end of the year awards, you must become a member.

When you arrive at leesville, you will receive a newsletter that will give information about all of the happenings for the month, as well as for the upcoming month within the SORP organization. The organization is about to kick off in high gear with extra activity's and events and the newsletter will fill you in on all of the happenings! Please make sure that you receive one - but if you don't, I will have plenty of copies. If you have info that you would like to put in the newsletter, please email me one week prior to each race so I have time to put it in and make copy's.

fee's for Leesville:
(same as for all tracks)
$20.00 practice fee on Saturday for Rider
$10.00 Spectator fee for Sunday - everyone is included in this price)

Race Fee's (these are not collected at the gate - these are collected by Jan)
$35.00 first class for members - $20.00 for every class after that.
$40.00 first class non-members, $35.00 for every class after that.

If at all possible, we really need for all the riders to have two number plates on your quads. One in the front and one in the back. And make the numbers legible.

Last but not least, Angela will be doing her split pot raffle this weekend so if you want to have a chance to win your money back - start saving your pennies!!

If you have any questions, or require further information, please do not hesitate to give me a call (936-588-9778) or e mail me @sorp2009@yahoo.com. We will see you there!

To reserve your spot, Please contact me at:
slightlybentracing@yahoo.com
Thaqnks Dennis