PDA

View Full Version : Felt like forever since i've been on here.Had a stay in hospital.

Custom200
04-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, Yesterday I finally got home from hospital. Last wed I had a doctors appomient. because i wasnt feeling well, Always really thirsty, dry mouth and fatigued, figured I have blood work done and the like. Well the doc checked my blood sugar level and imediatly phoned the hospital and rused me to emerg. My level was at 33. Aperntly could of went into a coma. I spent a couple nights in Intensive care on an insulin drip and the rest in a normal room. went just about stir crazy but finally got out yesterday. Type one diabetic, and I have to take 4 needles a day, Big lifestye change but starting to get used to it, And glad to have my comp back to be on 3WW.:lol:

smokinwrench
04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Glad your doing good now.

Be careful to take good care of it. We have a friend that doesn't take care of herself at all, and now her son has it and his blood sugar is always fluctuating terrible.

smokinwrench
04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Glad your doing good now.

Be careful to take good care of it. We have a friend that doesn't take care of herself at all, and now her son has it and his blood sugar is always fluctuating terrible.

Vealmonkey
04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Start getting things under control. Sometimes you have to have a treat. But mainly, everything in moderation. Once you get a handle on things, get yourself an insulin pump. Believe me, you'll be happier. I was married to a type 1 diabetic and her biggest quality of life improvement was an insulin pump. She had times when she wasn't too careful about her diabetes and on top of it, she liked to drink. Bad combo. But that was years ago.

jays375
04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
It is nothing to screw around with at your age.It runs in my family,my father died from it at 51.My younger brother has it also.A pump is a great thing from what I have seen.You have to take care of yourself or in another 10 to 15 years you will pay for it.It will destroy your body.Your eyesight,kidneys and there is a good chance of a fatal heart attack.Don't know much about your social life but partying isn't a good thing that tends to speed things up.My father din't take the best care of himself but wasn't a big drinker at all.When he died his kidneys were shot and his eyesight was really bad.He had to go on dialisis,every other day.My brother doesn't take care of himself and is your age and partys pretty hard.He almost died once already.At least twice a year he spends a week in ICU.So take of yourself.

MonroeMike
04-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Good thing you went in to get checked out.

Glad your feeling better.

Dirtcrasher
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Your lucky, sometimes we don't know how close we are to nothingness....................

Take care of yourself!!

reddragon
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM
I know what you are going through, I have been type 1 diabetic for about 10 years now and this winter had my first major problem after getting the flu my level went crazy and I was in the hospital for 3 days . Its not fun, but there is nothing to do about it, just have to try to keep up with it

Custom200
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I plan on taking care of myself, mainly because i know several people who dont look after themselves and i don't want the same things hppening to me, Like i said, the first time i ever was in hospital was when this happened, and I'm going to do what i can to stay out. :D